Power Supply for old build?

LainVonDark

Hello,

I would like to know what would be an affordable PSU for an old build, of which I am stripping the power supply (A very much overkill AX1200) to pass onto a new rig.

This computer has a 2600K and a GTX580 Lightning, and won't ever again be overclocked or pushed too hard again. What would be the choice that best balances out cost and reliability for this old machine?

Thanks

A 650W CXM or a 620W S12-II will both do fine. Get a 650W G2/G3 or 650W RMx if you can afford because why not they are good.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Spoiler

33854.png

A Corsair CX550M or a Seasonic S12II 520watt should do the trick perfectly :) (aka what @Castdeath97 said but cheaper and less watts) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

33854.png

A Corsair CX550M or a Seasonic S12II 520watt should do the trick perfectly :) (aka what @Castdeath97 said but cheaper and less watts) 

The GTX 580 tends to be a tad power hungry, I'd leave the extra leeway for silence if he can afford it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide