What is the problem with my case lighting?

Hi. I have inside my case 4 UV LED bars (Nanoxia) + 4 single UV LED + 2 white leds on the waterblock + blue leds on some fans and Corsair memory.

The problem is that the UV reactive blue water (EKWB) from my cooling sistem is not glowing at all! The side panel is a black tinted tempered glass.

My first test, without all the leds and fans but just 2 UV LED bars was looking good, but now everything seems messed up!

What do you think?

lights-02.jpg

lights-01.jpg

I think that "UV reactant" is not the same thing as "light emitting". I think your UV is working just fine... but you're unable to appreciate the results because its being drowned out by significantly brighter lights positioned all over the place.

But I also don't know just how "reactive" this is supposed to be. could be their off the shelf product is a tad watered down so that you also buy their stand-alone UV drops add-on thing if you need more?

4 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

But I also don't know just how "reactive" this is supposed to be. could be their off the shelf product is a tad watered down so that you also buy their stand-alone UV drops add-on thing if you need more?

I think that's the problem. The water is blue but very transparent.

Here is my coolant and a photo with just some UV lights.

ekoolant-blue-1_800.jpg

IMG_0125.JPG

I think its working properly, but I think you're underestimating just how bright this glow is going to be. take a look at this picture for example:

There is minimal lighting in there, so the UV can really shine. Think about it this way, glow sticks in a dark room or at a dance can be really cool and pretty and whatnot.... turn on the lights, or point a flashlight at one, and they no longer look like they are glowing and they just look like tubes of blegh. the same is true with your setup. this UV "glow" will work increasingly better the less overall light you have in your system. and right now it just looks like you have wayyy too much light in your system.

If you want blue light, use blue lights. Don't use UV lights to try to excite chemicals to emit blue light. This is an extremely inefficient process.

UV lights will put out a lot more wasted heat, and much less light.

okay well this shit isn't working.... always worked fine before, but whatever. go to google, type in "UV reactive water cooling", click on images and you will see what I mean. all of the builds with the coolest and "glowy-est" coolant are the ones with the least amount of lighting everywhere else.

11 minutes ago, bographics said:

snip

sorry about the spam but I just realized I hadn't been quoting you this whole time haha

I understand. If i remove all the other lights (blue ring fans, ram, white water block leds) I should get some glowing effect from the tubing. Also I think the EKWB UV BLUE coolant is not very reactive.

6 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

If you want blue light, use blue lights. Don't use UV lights to try to excite chemicals to emit blue light. This is an extremely inefficient process.

UV lights will put out a lot more wasted heat, and much less light.

Yes, but I wanted to get a glow effect from the water cooling system only!

Just now, bographics said:

Then put the LEDs in the water cooling system, and don't use LEDs anywhere else.

14 hours ago, bographics said:

Turn off all your LED's other than the UV ones, UV setups need to be dark for the best effect, external lights or LED's in the system reduce the UV effect. 

• 7 months later...

I've added eventually some RGB led lighting.

Now looks overkill, but hey... the Christmas is coming! :D

led-uri.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 4:44 AM, bographics said:

Hi. I have inside my case 4 UV LED bars (Nanoxia) + 4 single UV LED + 2 white leds on the waterblock + blue leds on some fans and Corsair memory.

The problem is that the UV reactive blue water (EKWB) from my cooling sistem is not glowing at all! The side panel is a black tinted tempered glass.

My first test, without all the leds and fans but just 2 UV LED bars was looking good, but now everything seems messed up!

What do you think?

First adding solid colors will reduce the UV effect to some degree. Second I would make sure those UV LED's are true UV and not some rip off purple. When buying UV LED's I would always make sure there UVA and I personally prefer them operating in the 395 to 405nm wavelength.

The UV lighting I have is UVA that is also blacklight enabled.

You can also do the UV Test with US currency, If the security strip shows up you know that UV LED's are UV and not purple.

------

jwG4crbl.jpg

^No UV Effect

VmgZLPEl.jpg

^EK's UV Blue Coolant, May not be the best photo but you can see that with proper UV the coolant will glow.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon