RAM - 16GB(1) GSkill DDR4 2133Mhz
PSU - EVGA 500W
Graphics Card - Msi Geforce GTX 1060 6GB 
SSD - Adata 120GB
HDD - WD Blue 1 TB
CASE - Corsair 270R

Description
-----------------------------------------
So with the first system, the computer would go into a boot loop without posting, and i believe it also fried the CPU. Now that is why i have the Z270 SLI Plus from msi now. The problem i am having is that the motherboard ezdebug is telling me that the cpu is not detected or fail. So i RMA's the CPU, got the replacement and i am still having the same issue. Also i noticed that when i plugged in the case fan into the sys_fan4 socket is wouldn't work. 

I also tested the PSU with a multi-meter and it is working properly. What am i doing wrong or am i unlucky with motherboards and computer components.

2 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

Original Specs
Motherboard - Gigabyte H110M-A
CPU - Intel i5 7600k
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
PSU - EVGA 500W
SSD - Adata 120GB
HDD - WD Blue 1 TB
CASE - Corsair 270R

Current Specs
Motherboard - MSI Z270 SLI Plus
CPU - Intel i5 7600k (New)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
PSU - EVGA 500W
SSD - Adata 120GB
HDD - WD Blue 1 TB
CASE - Corsair 270R

Description
-----------------------------------------
So with the first system, the computer would go into a boot loop without posting, and i believe it also fried the CPU. Now that is why i have the Z270 SLI Plus from msi now. The problem i am having is that the motherboard ezdebug is telling me that the cpu is not detected or fail. So i RMA's the CPU, got the replacement and i am still having the same issue. Also i noticed that when i plugged in the case fan into the sys_fan4 socket is wouldn't work. 

I also tested the PSU with a multi-meter and it is working properly. What am i doing wrong or am i unlucky with motherboards and computer components.

If they are all brand new parts...There should be no problems. Should just work right off the bat...Maybe you are super unlucky...if that is your second 7600k new...then I would try another motherboard RMA. That should fix it. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

Have you tried the memory module in all of the slot variations? and is everything plugged in properly...cpu power, 24 pin etc....

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

4 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

Motherboard - Gigabyte H110M-A

that mobo may not have supported the cpu without a bios update first. Maybe as to why the first time it didn't work.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

9 minutes ago, Spudbilly said:

Have you tried the memory module in all of the slot variations? and is everything plugged in properly...cpu power, 24 pin etc....

Yes i double checked that everything is plugged in properly, also i tried placing the memory in all the memory slots

Did you check to see if the memory your using is compatible with your board? I've had issues with certain memory sticks not being compatible but the board would give CPU errors.

19 minutes ago, Shura said:

Can you upload a picture so we can see how you have the wires connected, specifically make sure the cpu power cable is connected.

IMG_20170406_211517.jpg

IMG_20170406_211452.jpg

IMG_20170406_211500.jpg

IMG_20170406_211509.jpg

IMG_20170406_211620.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shura said:

Did you check to see if the memory your using is compatible with your board? I've had issues with certain memory sticks not being compatible but the board would give CPU errors.

Gskills website is good about showing what motherboards their memory is compatible with. I think that mobo manufacturers arent comprehensive enought with their compatibility lists. 

6 minutes ago, Shura said:

On Msi site the Z270 SLI Plus motherboard is compatible with DDR4 3800(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2400/ 2133 MHz

My memory is G.SKILL Aegis 16GB 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 2133

3 minutes ago, Spudbilly said:

Gskills website is good about showing what motherboards their memory is compatible with. I think that mobo manufacturers arent comprehensive enought with their compatibility lists. 

The motherboard is not listed under GSkill website for the memory i'm using

have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?

linus sex tips

5 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

On Msi site the Z270 SLI Plus motherboard is compatible with DDR4 3800(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2400/ 2133 MHz

My memory is G.SKILL Aegis 16GB 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 2133

2 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

That's just the compatible speeds, if the motherboard isn't listed on the gskill website, I would try different sticks. If your friends or someone you know have DDR4 system, I would try swapping in their stick and see if it posts. I had this problem with a MSI B150 and Corsair sticks; it kept giving me cpu errors but when I tried a pair of Kingston sticks I had, it booted fine.

3 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

It shouldn't really matter.

Are all the cables properly plugged in? Do any of them look a bit loose or not 100% all the way in?

A few things:

-Do you have thermal paste installed?

-Did you install motherboard standoffs?

Also, try unplugging everything except the power supply, motherboard, CPU, and ram. Then see what it does.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Also take out all but one stick of ram.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?

Yes, many times

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

It shouldn't really matter.

Are all the cables properly plugged in? Do any of them look a bit loose or not 100% all the way in?

A few things:

-Do you have thermal paste installed?

-Did you install motherboard standoffs?

Also, try unplugging everything except the power supply, motherboard, CPU, and ram. Then see what it does.

Cables are properly plugged in

Yes, thermal paste is applied

Yes, motherboard standoffs are installed

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Also take out all but one stick of ram.

I only have 1 stick of ram 

9 minutes ago, ishshamari said:

Yes, many times

Cables are properly plugged in

Yes, thermal paste is applied

Yes, motherboard standoffs are installed

Have you tried stripping the pc of everything except case, ram, CPU, motherboard, and psu and testing?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Have you tried stripping the pc of everything except case, ram, CPU, motherboard, and psu and testing?

That's what i'm doing at the moment, even tried it outside of the case

1 minute ago, ishshamari said:

That's what i'm doing at the moment, even tried it outside of the case

If that doesn't work, do you have another pc or friend that you can swap parts with to test? E.g. swap power supply with another one to see if psu is bad.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

If that doesn't work, do you have another pc or friend that you can swap parts with to test? E.g. swap power supply with another one to see if psu is bad.

No, first of my friends to build a gaming PC

Just now, ishshamari said:

No, first of my friends to build a gaming PC

Well that's tough luck :/ 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Well that's tough luck :/ 

Yup, i'm the guinea pig

Kinda sucks but at this point all you can pretty much do is buy another pair of ram that's listed as compatible on the motherboard website and see if it works.

btw do you have the exact model number of that ram?

1 minute ago, Shura said:

Kinda sucks but at this point all you can pretty much do is buy another pair of ram that's listed as compatible on the motherboard website and see if it works.

btw do you have the exact model number of that ram?

F4-2133C15S-16GIS