Random green, purple lines and green\blue dots, spots after GPU driver update .-.?

Hey there guys! So apparently my computer has just gone through some sort of crazy driver update which ended after 5 or 6 reboots and a whole lot of coloured lines and dots, which made me quite worried that my GPU had gone to heaven!

Finally im back with my PC and i reinstalled the driver and everything seems fine. The problem occured after i launched TF2 (which is a buggy game with a shitty community nowadays, but i like too much to leave i guess), and windows had to go into recovery mode twice after failed boot attempts. 

On three occasions the PC would turn on, get all glitchy, display no signal and finally restart. Is this a preemptive warning to something bad or should i rest assured for now (no issue at the moment)?

Groomlake Authority

did you DDU the old driver?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Did you reverted back to old driver? Does it still happen? If so, when. If not, maybe your new driver installed badly.

Glitchy display, something like this?

UqKY7Oz.jpg

14 minutes ago, Funtoink63 said:

-snip-

No, it was something like this:eNQk7pb.jpg (1008×570)

Groomlake Authority

25 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

-snip-

Isnt reinstalling almost the same as uninstalling and installing again :P?

Groomlake Authority

Just now, Funtoink63 said:

-snip-

Nope, it wasnt happening on the BIOS. So most likely this has all been a software issue, right?

Groomlake Authority

9 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Nope, it wasnt happening on the BIOS. So most likely this has all been a software issue, right?

I guess.

My old GPU started acting weirdly half a year ago (display freezing in desktop). After few restarts, I had green squares / lines across display in BIOS and immediately after showing login screen display froze. After replacing it, no more green lines and squares and could use it normally.

If it doesn't happen in / during BIOS, then your GPU could be fine. Maybe some driver issue.

Does your CPU have iGPU? Whether you tried it there or tried different card.

Just now, Funtoink63 said:

-snip-

Yeah it does have an iGPU (I5-4670) and i didnt have to switch and honestly if the screen and pc kept restarting after every reset i would have not been able to switch to the integrated GPU. Dont have a secondary dedicated GPU sadly :(. Hopefully nothing too serious!

Groomlake Authority

14 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Isnt reinstalling almost the same as uninstalling and installing again :P?

not always. there are often times parts of packages that are left over that can interfere with new drivers. DDU removes EVERYTHING and reverts to basically the windows generic driver until a more suitable diver is located.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Hey everyone.

I want to update this topic by saying that the issue has returned and more than ever i am thinking the GPU is truly defective, on a hardware basis.

The system is unusable, it literally crashes right away after bootup (screen glitches a lot with green, purple and blue artifacts), BSODs, stays working for a while and allows me to watch one video or two before freezing and restarting and its an endless cycle once it crashes and reboots, pretty much a BSOD, random glitching and stone like activity (stops working completely).

Now i do not believe the issue is with the display, since it works well  while on the BIOS menu and the blue background when signal is lost shows no light bleeding, turned off pixels or innacurate colours behind it. While booting, the POST (so it must be detecting the GPU, right?) is always successful and the compute works normally until it reaches Windows 10 and then restarts itself.

The worst part in all of this is that this major issue happened after i updated a GPU driver through Geforce Experience, subsequently reinstalling the driver after the first row of these problems. As a user said above, i should have DDUed the driver, but the fact is that all seemed fine and usable at last after the new installation.

This was yesterday and now the problem has arisen again. I said screw it, got my important information and reformated my computer. After reformating, Windows 10 was working as intended, Ninite finished downloading the applications i needed and while on the installation sequence nothing wrong was happening on the display (no visible imperfections or glitching).

The problem returned unfortunately and now i cannot access Windows 10 or do anything that is software related in terms of removing whatever could have remained (which would be really strange and this should be way more complete than a DDU or reinstallation of drivers after all). With all that i said in mind and with software issues now being either the cause of this or not, the problem is i cannot use my PC since its constantly crashing and a clean state of Windows did not resolve the problem.

What should i do, what are my options in terms of possible fixes (if they even exist at this point)? The GPU is out of warranty since it was bought in 2013 and i never got the chance of getting an extended warranty period (which i guess wouldnt cover it up until now anyways). 

I dont understand how a driver update could have literally screwd with either the GPU Bios or some other physical component being fried\burned, but if you have any knowledge on the issue please share.

Here are some pictures and i apologise for the very long post but i had to and i hope you get why (portuguese language in the main text):

Capturar.PNG.9466c3723c05566ecbcd8111809a1702.PNG

58e7ccdd636d6_Capturar2.PNG.169b6c7a759de270605492ba4f30efd4.PNG

Groomlake Authority