Can't Reach Maximum RAM Speeds!

Go to solution Solved by Ryoku,
2 minutes ago, aedan929 said:

Hi all, I am having a problem with my newest build, I have a RYZEN 1700 CPU paired with Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz RAM, but I am having a problem getting my RAM to 3200MHz. Currently I have it clocked at 2933 and if I go any higher the system will poop out as soon as I apply it causing me to pull out the trusty CMOS reset pin! Is there a reason why it's doing this? Thanks for the help! This would be a waste of money if I can't max it out! But I'll still keep it of course!

Full Specs:

AMD RYZEN 7 1700

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Ram

Nvidia GTX 1070 FTW

Corsair CX750M (oops)

Everything else is Corsair! Except for a Dell Monitor!

update your bios, if you already have the newest, wait for further bios updates.  This is a known issue.

3 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

not much from 2933mhz to 3200mhz

still a couple percent increase depending on the game and enough to where i would want my memory to run at that speed if it was possible. 

I am at least satisfied because my cinebench score jumped by about 100!

Professional Dirtbike/ATV racer and freestyler. Snowmobiling in Upper Michigan keeps me busy in the winter. I also do a lot of networking and server work,  also a huge (not fat) gamer! Specs Below!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sQMvkT

AMD RYZEN 7 1700

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200

GTX 1070 Founders Edition ASUS

Corsair 400Q Carbide

Corsair Force MP500

Corsair RX750M

Corsair H150i Pro

Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2

Speed Link LEDOS RED (keeping it German!)

Some BOSE speakers.

VM Audio 1200 Watt Subwoofer Hooked up to Corsair CX750M

Dell S2715H

AOC Q2781PQ

Epson S11 Lite

Windows 10 Professional

17 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

you might want to wait for bios updates because amd pushed ryzen 7 out prematurely (the motherboard manufacterer couldn't make everything perfect first ) 

It wasn't that it was rushed out, it's a new platform, bugs and minor issues are to be expected, this is the normal course of a new product release

14 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

ram speeds don't matter too much but you're still going to see performance increase with bios updates 

ram speeds don't matter with Intel, Ryzen has clear benefits from faster ram, but you're right that ongoing bios updates should improve things

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Ill post a pic of my system in the future!

Professional Dirtbike/ATV racer and freestyler. Snowmobiling in Upper Michigan keeps me busy in the winter. I also do a lot of networking and server work,  also a huge (not fat) gamer! Specs Below!

AMD RYZEN 7 1700

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

Corsair 400Q Carbide

Corsair Force MP500

Corsair RX750M

Corsair H150i Pro

Some BOSE speakers.

Dell S2715H

AOC Q2781PQ

Epson S11 Lite

Windows 10 Professional

I know this topic is a bit old but I came across some great stuff today... well kind of. So yesterday my water cooler bracket finally arrived so thats all good! So I dived right into overclocking! And also a BIOS update was released yesterday! First after updating my BIOS I wanted to see if I could get that 3200MHz I've been dying to get and it worked, until it was Windows' turn to boot up and now it takes me right to recovery and I get some long error code. So I switched back to 2933 and I overclocked my CPU to 4GHz which was totally AWESOME! Just wanted to give a little update and ask for some help about why Windows 10 doesn't like my RAM! So thanks again for any help!

AMD RYZEN 7 1700

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

Corsair 400Q Carbide

Corsair Force MP500

Corsair RX750M

Corsair H150i Pro

Some BOSE speakers.

Dell S2715H

AOC Q2781PQ

Epson S11 Lite

Windows 10 Professional