WHAT SPEAKER SYSTEM FOR MY TV??

Go to solution Solved by Spawn0202,

Hey The_Askinator

I can not give you an advice in terms of brand or what to bay exactly but perhaps I can give you an advice how to tackle the Problem.

First all you would like to play back music (from your phone Bluetooth/wireless) and movies right?

Music and Film are two thinks in terms of used frequency spectrum (I know mp3 bandwidths as well).

There is a difference if you use bigger Speakers for music or smaller one.

For my ears smaller speakers with music always miss out something in the meddle ton levels.

For example my Setup is a 7.1 “teufel VT11” (mid range speakers) and Sub on a Pioneer VSX921 (teufel is a German Speaker manufactory)

. A buddy of mine has got a 7.1 “teufel consono 35 mk2” (smaller speakers) on the same AV-receiver.

If you compare the two in case of TV/Movie there is nearly no hearable difference but if you listen to Music there is one as I said the richness of the sound is on bigger Speakers better than on smaller ones.

And think about you personal preference it maybe that you find the sounds great and I think it is carp.

I think you should go to your local HiFi dealer and listen to speakers on different systems and from different sources.

Sound bar is more complex if you use it as a 5.1 replacement for a 2.1 setup no problem.

With the Sound bare the rear speakers are emitted form the front und reflected of the wall back to your listening position. So the shape of the room, carpet, blinds, curtains etc. make a difference how good or bad the rear channels are reflected even the width of the room is a factor. The sound needs space to reflect a round you. Sound bars are not my cup of tea.

I hope it helped   

Hey guys,

So I have a Samsung KS8500 and I was wondering what would be the best bang for my one hundred dollars, it can be a bit higher, but nothing too over the budget.  I've been looking at some older Vizio 3.1 soundbars for my budget (I'm fine buying pre-owned), but then also see these "systems" than are 5.1 surround sound but are way cheaper than their soundbar alternative..  So.. What do you guys say?

Needs:

• Bluetooth/Wireless, So I can play stuff from my phone, I don't care if I need to connect a cable to my tv or not.  Just need bluetooth so my phone can connect to it.
  • At least one subwoofer
  • Under 100$ USD, I'm fine with ebay pre-owned equipment, as long as it's not too old..:D
  • Nothing too crazy, I still have to make my tv area generally nice, so nothing to exotic..
  • Don't care about brand, even if it's from RCA..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2FTjuhtMnYZT1ZXOFVHY2ttTFE/view?usp=sharing

Hey The_Askinator

I can not give you an advice in terms of brand or what to bay exactly but perhaps I can give you an advice how to tackle the Problem.

First all you would like to play back music (from your phone Bluetooth/wireless) and movies right?

Music and Film are two thinks in terms of used frequency spectrum (I know mp3 bandwidths as well).

For my ears smaller speakers with music always miss out something in the meddle ton levels.

For example my Setup is a 7.1 “teufel VT11” (mid range speakers) and Sub on a Pioneer VSX921 (teufel is a German Speaker manufactory)

. A buddy of mine has got a 7.1 “teufel consono 35 mk2” (smaller speakers) on the same AV-receiver.

If you compare the two in case of TV/Movie there is nearly no hearable difference but if you listen to Music there is one as I said the richness of the sound is on bigger Speakers better than on smaller ones.

And think about you personal preference it maybe that you find the sounds great and I think it is carp.

I think you should go to your local HiFi dealer and listen to speakers on different systems and from different sources.

Sound bar is more complex if you use it as a 5.1 replacement for a 2.1 setup no problem.

With the Sound bare the rear speakers are emitted form the front und reflected of the wall back to your listening position. So the shape of the room, carpet, blinds, curtains etc. make a difference how good or bad the rear channels are reflected even the width of the room is a factor. The sound needs space to reflect a round you. Sound bars are not my cup of tea.

I hope it helped   

12 hours ago, Spawn0202 said:

Hey The_Askinator

I hope it helped   

Thanks, surprised no one else answered..

11 hours ago, The_Askinator said:

Thanks, surprised no one else answered..

Hey

I had a short look on ebay and for your budged it is not easy.

Perhaps if you give a bit more of information like

·         is it important to have DTS HD or Dolby True HD Decoding.

·         what is your source is DVD or Bluray

·         do you want to give back the sound to a decoder/receiver via toslink or do you have a separate DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T receiver

it might be a bit more easy to find something fore you

12 hours ago, Spawn0202 said:

Hey

I had a short look on ebay and for your budged it is not easy.

Perhaps if you give a bit more of information like

·         is it important to have DTS HD or Dolby True HD Decoding.

·         what is your source is DVD or Bluray

·         do you want to give back the sound to a decoder/receiver via toslink or do you have a separate DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T receiver

it might be a bit more easy to find something fore you

To be honest I don't care if it has DTS HD or Dolby HD Decoding, and my source will probably be sources of pirated content off Kodi/XBMC.  Do I need a receiver?  Can't I just plug it into my TV and then have the audio playback like normal?

13 hours ago, The_Askinator said:

To be honest I don't care if it has DTS HD or Dolby HD Decoding, and my source will probably be sources of pirated content off Kodi/XBMC.  Do I need a receiver?  Can't I just plug it into my TV and then have the audio playback like normal?

Hmmmmm ok

I have just looked at the user manual of your TV it looks like our TV supports bluetooth playback or toslink playback.

So you can link the TV with your bluetooth Speakers I'm not shore if it works just with Samsung or with all devices.

If you are using Kodi/XBMC as source you have a computer or raspberry PI?

In case of a PI and you would like 5.1 surround sound you need a Decoder or Receiver if you are happy with 2.0 or 2.1 setup you can use the Analog output of the PI.

If your source (kodi/XBMC) is a PC with soundcard a 5.1 Setup can be done without decoder / receiver.

If you want to give back the Sound from your TV via toslink you will need a decoder / receiver.