New highend PC is under performing bad

unseenblade

I would find some way to monitor everything while playing; RAM usage, CPU clock speed, GPU clock speed, GPU memory clock speed, etc. Make sure nothing is going too low or memory usage isn't too high.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

for the GTA V i ran it via bench mark and screenshotted asap

for tomb raider, i played the game + bench mark

gta.png

ow1.png

ow2.png

tr 1.png

tr 2.png

tr3.png

tttttt.png

pic124.png

Just now, unseenblade said:

for the GTA V i ran it via bench mark and screenshotted asap

snip

RoTR benchmark looks fine, and all the hardware looks fine also.

Perhaps the lower framerates in LoL are because of the update as another user suggested.

How about overwatch?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

RoTR benchmark looks fine, and all the hardware looks fine also.

Perhaps the lower framerates in LoL are because of the update as another user suggested.

How about overwatch?

it's not RoTR it's the older verison just tomb raider  

in LoL my friend has no issues with his FPS

overwatch, i get 80 - 250 fps...
some maps give me bad FPS, some areas give me bad fps.

a person who said he had a gtx 970 with a i5 was getting constant 200 fps on all maps, on epic settings. i dont like getting under 144fps its choppy and laggy and i dont see why my specs cant provide me over 144 fps. especially overwatch

bump~~

anyone know why im getting bad fps in my games? i dont think its the GPU but it has to be something

Maybe what seems to be the problem here is kind of failure in PSU. Before, I have used various cheap and nasty power supplies then later on,  upgrade the GPU to take advantage of the RAW and Substantial power. Also, upgrade the PSU to keep you system running smooth as butter.

14 hours ago, Ivan Reynolds said:

Maybe what seems to be the problem here is kind of failure in PSU. Before, I have used various cheap and nasty power supplies then later on,  upgrade the GPU to take advantage of the RAW and Substantial power. Also, upgrade the PSU to keep you system running smooth as butter.

upgrade the GPU? its a gtx 1070. i dropped $400 on it. it shouldnt have any problems. whats wrong with the PSU its proving enough watts for my build

14 hours ago, Ivan Reynolds said:

theres people with shittier specs than  me. i5, gtx 970, shittier PSU and getting more performance.

bump~ still need help. cant even run my games anymore. they are all choppy.

• 4 months later...

I have been searching for a fix to a problem of my own after buying a 144Hz monitor and think you may be running into the same Problem. I also have a i7-6700k and a GTX1070.

By any chance are you running a 144hz monitor and a second 60hz one. Im asking because i see in your OW screenshot you are running in windowed mode and at what i believe is 144hz. The main fix would be to run in fullscreen (which i know defeats the purpose of a 2nd monitor).

The problem i am having is the different refresh rates causing problems with each other if i am not running any game on fullscreen on my 144hz.

~ Running obs on my 2nd 60hz monitor causes me to drop to ~20 FPS using windowed or borderless. (Fullscreen fixes this problem but having to alt tab all the time is a pain).

I also have micro stuttering while recording with obs, since my purchase.

~ Chrome, Either watching Youtube or Twitch while gaming causes stuttering on my 60Hz monitor (my fix for this was to disable hardware Aceleration in chromes settings).

~ Any sort of animation, or anything that moves on my 60Hz causing stuttering on the 144Hz (fullscreen alleviates a lot of this)

As much as i have read it is an issue that is to do with windows 10 and not Nvidia and has been a thing for a long time. It is to do with Windows 10 trying to draw frames at the same interval as if your 2 monitors are actually only 1 (Correct me if i am wrong), and the frame drops because of the 2 different refresh rates.

Fixes i have read about or played around with are:

~ Turning off fast startup under power management settings. (this was to get all drivers to fully load on startup, cant remember why i done this though)

~ Enabling IGpu in the bios for the 2nd 60Hz monitor and plugging it into the mobo (has not worked for me so far due to only 1 driver working at a time)

~ Using Windows 7, and disabling Aero and composition modes (i have not tried this out but apparently this solves the problem)

~ Dropping the refresh rate from 144Hz to 120Hz to be at a 2x interval of 60Hz (saw somewhere on the Nvidia forums about this, but also did not work for me)

~ Using another GPU with different drivers i.e. two completely different GPUS (which i cannot afford currently to try myself)

Hopefully some of this is helpful to you if you are running a similar setup and im still trying to find a way to make it work myself. If not wish you the best of luck trying to figure it out.

Edited by Daxnas