Cleaning OEM Cooler

Just now, Nicnac said:

Thanks for labelling the screwdriver and toothbrush! I always confuse those two...

Yeah, I know I also always get them wrong.

hi

3 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Also, the layer of paste should be as thin as possible. Those instructions talk about putting lots of it on there, so you need to buy new stuff moar often.

@zMeul I get the idea that you are a girl, considering you are whining like a b*tch. You can sit on my lap while you show me the difference between the two amounts irl. Only then I might be swayed with your idea.

*PS: I use ~the same amount. (but I can turn my cooler, so it spreads out moar)

As thin as possible? What drugs do you smoke? Since when was that a requirement?

Also, @zMeul could be of any gender, & gender preference. So please, leave him/her alone.

Also I agree that is far to little thermal compound. A uncooked grain of rice is recommended as the minimum size for an average size heat spreader.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

As thin as possible? What drugs do you smoke? Since when was that a requirement?

Also, @zMeul could be of any gender, & gender preference. So please, leave him/her alone.

Also I agree that is far to little thermal compound. A uncooked grain of rice is recommended as the minimum size for an average size heat spreader.

If you check the scale you would see that it actually is like 2 uncooked grains of rice.

hi

14 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

That paste is used to give a good/maximum contact for heat transfer between the CPU and the cooler. The paste has worse thermal properties then the pieces of metal you want to connect. So moar is bad. If you could polish the 2 parts (CPU and cooler) to a perfect flat surface, and if you could manage to put those 2 parts together with no trapped air, you would not need any paste at all.

22 hours ago, zMeul said:

way way to little paste on the CPU

GraciousActiveCoral-size_restricted.gif

Is that a good way and amount of application?

hi