New to PC Gaming, Need Advice And walk through

Hello PC enthusiasts, I'm new to PC. I haven't been on one, since AOL 3.0 discs came in the mail. And never owned my own PC till now. My PC is strictly for gaming, streaming, and editing videos. Once I get that far, IF I ever do. My build is this...

Intel i7-7700k 

EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0

ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2 LGA1151 ATX Mobo

Viper Elite DDR4 16GB(2x8GB) 2400MHz 

Seagate Constellation 2TB 3.5" SATA 7200rpm 64MB

SanDisk+ 480GB SSD 

EVGA SuperNOVA B2 Bronze 80+ 850W Semi-Modular 

Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB 120mm Adjistable Color Case fans-Triple pack

Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler with PWM fan

Corsair Crystal Series 460X Compact ATX Mid-Tower Case Front&Side Tempered Glass Panels.

Now on games like Watchdogs 2 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, I can't quite get 60 fps on ultra settings, I have to fiddle qith a few things. On Wildlands mostly resolition scaling has most impact. On watch dogs I can literally have settings up more than my gpu can even handle. Most other games I run 4k on ultra easy peasy, havent tried Witcher 3 yet but I'll get that eventually.

I know when I was asking for advice about my build. A few things got over looked, but as far as custom pc horror stories, I got the not-so-shitty end of the stick. I am curious if maybe my non gaming mobo is bottlenecking my gpu. How much actually VRAM do i wanna use up in my settings...Half, Less than half?  Would Stepping up to the 1080 ti resolve my inconsistent frame rates, and let me utilize better 4k settings?

I have no idea what settings I would have to use to OC my rig. So I wouldn't chance it, on my own, till I learn more. Are there people that can come to my house and do it for me, and/or teach me? Is 16GB of DDR4 @ 2400MHz sufficient or should I jump to 32GB @ 3000MHz. I have so many questions. 

Gaming motherboards are for the most part marketing. They do tend to have features attractive to gamers, like better sound. The motherboard is not the problem. 

If you want to overclock the cpu, you can get started using the automatic overclocking available through the AI Suite 3 software that came with the motherboard. It will not give you the best oc, but will provide a nice boost.

A GTX 1080 Ti would improve the 4K experience.

Some titles do seem to benefit from better memory. But the improvement is generally fairly small, just a few additional fps.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Ok thank you for the advice, I'll start the steup process soon. And I really want an RGB Mobo, but I would've been fine, but someone told me I would be better off using a mobo that was meant for gaming. So i figured There is an ASUS RGB Mobo for like 189, Z270E. Since I wanted RGB anyway it wouldnt hurt since it is only 30 more bucks. And by software do u mean disc that came with it, cause I opted for no optical drive. So I can't use discs to install software. Is there a site I can get it from without getting it from a 3rd party site. I don't wanna take the chance of downloading any PuP's or malware. I already did once and had to factory reset mt PC to get rid of the issue, 

2 hours ago, WeTheGamers said:

Ok thank you for the advice, I'll start the steup process soon. And I really want an RGB Mobo, but I would've been fine, but someone told me I would be better off using a mobo that was meant for gaming. So i figured There is an ASUS RGB Mobo for like 189, Z270E. Since I wanted RGB anyway it wouldnt hurt since it is only 30 more bucks. And by software do u mean disc that came with it, cause I opted for no optical drive. So I can't use discs to install software. Is there a site I can get it from without getting it from a 3rd party site. I don't wanna take the chance of downloading any PuP's or malware. I already did once and had to factory reset mt PC to get rid of the issue, 

You can download the software from the Asus web pages for your motherboard. I have never had a problem downloading from the Asus support pages.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.