Do I need this TV?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I just saw an ad for FIFA 17 tournament, the winner gets a 32" full HD TV. I currently have a 40" TV in the living room and a 23"1080p monitor for my desktop. Would this be a good choice as a monitor? I don't have any information on the model of the TV, I only know the brand, Samsung. Do you think it would be nice to have?

Thanks

A bit more screen real estate if you want, some cash in the pocket if you sell it.  Seems pretty good

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

A bit more screen real estate if you want, some cash in the pocket if you sell it.  Seems pretty good

The selling/gifting factor is interesting indeed. But I thought a 32" 1080p would be too large and not pixel-dense enough to be used as a monitor.

Personally I can't use anything larger than about 27" on a desk, it just gets to be gigantic and doesn't feel like a computer. It comes down to what you like and what you can think you use. Winning free stuff is always nice though.

2 minutes ago, tbendubois said:

Personally I can't use anything larger than about 27" on a desk, it just gets to be gigantic and doesn't feel like a computer. It comes down to what you like and what you can think you use. Winning free stuff is always nice though.

Well it's not that free since you have to pay around $20 to participate, then you have more chances to lose than to win :)

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I know someone who uses essentially a 32" TV as a monitor. But they also use a deep desk.

Interesting. I have a particular short one (wide and short) so I would probably have to stretch my neck to look at the top part of the monitor. Now I'm thinking about hanging it to the wall to play movies and sports game. But I'd still have to win it first :)

15 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

I just saw an ad for FIFA 17 tournament, the winner gets a 32" full HD TV. I currently have a 40" TV in the living room and a 23"1080p monitor for my desktop. Would this be a good choice as a monitor? I don't have any information on the model of the TV, I only know the brand, Samsung. Do you think it would be nice to have?

Thanks

As a general "large monitor" on your desk - a 32" 1080p TV is fine. You might find it a bit large, and the DPI a bit too loose for personal preference, but that varies per person.

It may or may not be terrible in gaming though - some TV's introduce a lot of input lag, others don't introduce any. No way to know without seeing a review of the specific model, or trying it yourself.

But for regular desktop productivity type usage? Documents? Browsing? Video? All should be totally fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)