How can I make a simple SMS messaging app to test how communication works?

Hello. I am super new to programming apps. I have previous basic C++, VHDL and HTML/CSS/JS experience. I want to practice a project. Sending an SMS and figuring out how communication works intrigued me. But I have no clue where to start. And I really do not want to program in Java.

1. Is there a way to program in Python or any other language to make an SMS app?
  2. Can I use Android Studio for other languages?
  3. Can Unreal be used for game making? Or what's better?
  4. Where can I find libraries? I see posts on the sub showing off new libraries. But I don't even know where to find the basic ones.
  5. Is there a proper up-to date guide for the entire process of app making and testing? I couldn't find new stuff for android 7.

Thank you. Super sorry for noob questions. I didn't know where to ask on how to get started.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Can't help you on this one but could you please change your text color to make your post easier for those on dark theme to read?

learn c# its not much different than vb then use xarmin to create android apps. Just for a note all you are doing in an app is sending data to the android os Ali which would handle the rest. So all you're learning is how to send a message via an api rather than how it actually works. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´