Need help for a gaming laptop for late 2017/early 2018

Hey guys! My current (trash) laptop is almost giving up - it's giving me enough time to research and prepare for its inevitable end. I'm mainly looking for a good gaming laptop that ranges from $1000 - $1400 (the cheaper the better of course) that could last me for about 3 to 5 years, just enough time to save for another one. I'll be in college soon enough and I might need something that's fast enough to handle both school work and games.

P.S. I'm from the Philippines so it might be hard for me to get the best laptops out there - and I'm not big on buying online unless it's 100% trusted. Andf yes I've read the laptop recommendations.

More Info: (Got this template from reddit but didn't get much attention there)

Spoiler

Hi guys, so I've been planning on buying a new laptop by the end of this year with early 2018 being the latest. I just want to plan ahead just so that I can get ready. Thanks in advance :)

• Total budget and country of purchase:

I live in the Philippines, and my estimated budget would be around $1000 - $1400/$1500 (although the cheaper the better of course). One good thing to note, I'm not too keen on ordering online but I do have relatives in Manila (which usually sells most of the laptops in the market found here in PH).

• Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications to your requirements for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

I'd love a decent battery life but I'm leaning more on the specs - all of this of course should be justified by the price.

• How important is weight to you?

Don't really mind but I would love it if it were not *that* heavy.

• Which OS do you require? Windows, Linux, Mac.

Definitely Windows.

• Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

N/A (although I do love streaming on my laptop, so maybe that might affect my choices)

• Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. If you have no requirements, put N/A.

I'm fond of video editing, I usually use Sony Vegas Pro.

• If you're gaming (leave blank if you put N/A above...), do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? 

Yes I LOVE GAMING. I'm into League of Legends or mostly any MMORPGs like RIFT and World of Warcraft. I don't have much knowledge about the ideal FPS but 60 is enough I guess - although I wouldn't mind it being better.

• Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable business grade build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

Decent keyboard would be nice, although I don't really need anything else just that it can last for at least 3 to 5 years (just enough for me to save money again or find a job).

• Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll be able to buy something that could at least get me through college (which is about 5 years from now).

Thanks for taking the time to read my request. Hoping for some awesome answers and discussions. Cheers!

P.S. I might have missed some important notes/ideas so feel free to clarify stuff :)

I'm currently using the Acer F15-573G i5 7200U and GeForce 940MX which I bought it on offer at S$899 (3204.2 pesos) This laptop can game on casual titles but not at too high settings because the laptop's thermals are quite weak to hold on. But if you can, spend on a GTX 1050/1050 Ti. Linus recently reviewed the Dell Inspiron 7000 (7567) with the GTX 1050 Ti inside.

P.S: After your college, get a PC, it can last you longer.

Video:

pOG

Get 1050/1050ti laptops or 1060 laptops if you can find it at a good price.

Personally I have a Y520 which is very nice.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Check this guide:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

The new Dell 7567 is a great laptop, especially with the i7. The 1050Ti is plenty powerful and I have had good performance with the predecessor to this laptop.

The Dell 7567 is great expect for the display...how disappointing...if the display is nice then I will definitely get it.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, N1G3L.L0K3 said:

I'm currently using the Acer F15-573G i5 7200U and GeForce 940MX which I bought it on offer at S$899 (3204.2 pesos) This laptop can game on casual titles but not at too high settings because the laptop's thermals are quite weak to hold on. But if you can, spend on a GTX 1050/1050 Ti. Linus recently reviewed the Dell Inspiron 7000 (7567) with the GTX 1050 Ti inside.

P.S: After your college, get a PC, it can last you longer.

Video:

I might have to pass on the Acer one considering I might need it for more than 4 years but the Dell does look promising although I have the same worries about it as for the Acer one as well. Building a PC was actually an option but I need the portability so a laptop will have to do for now. Thanks for the help :)

45 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Get 1050/1050ti laptops or 1060 laptops if you can find it at a good price.

Personally I have a Y520 which is very nice.

Sorry I'm ignorant but care to further explain?

40 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

The new Dell 7567 is a great laptop, especially with the i7. The 1050Ti is plenty powerful and I have had good performance with the predecessor to this laptop.

Do you happen to know if this is accessible?

56 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Check this guide:

I was able to read it beforehand, I was just wondering if someone could specifically help me with my situation. But thanks, I'll make sure to read the comments as well for any useful discussion.

52 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Yeah, I have heard that. I really am not picky about my displays though.

I never had an IPS display before. After I get my Y520 laptop, I loved IPS display. The colours are vivid, viewing angles are nice.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Nytrite said:

Sorry I'm ignorant but care to further explain?

For your budget you can certainly get a laptop with GTX 1050/1050TI GPU; however, if you can find a laptop with GTX 1060 GPU at a low price (like the MSI GP62MVR), get it.
If you are interested in the Lenovo Legion Y520, you can check out my review in my signature below.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

For your budget you can certainly get a laptop with GTX 1050/1050TI GPU; however, if you can find a laptop with GTX 1060 GPU at a low price (like the MSI GP62MVR), get it.
If you are interested in the Lenovo Legion Y520, you can check out my review in my signature below.

Thanks for clearing that up! I'll be sure to check it out now.