Reccommended sub-woofer and compatability

So, I have an old Kenwood R-SE7 stereo system that I am currently using for my PC,

and i was thinking about getting some kind of sub-woofer

I'm well aware that there is a sub-woofer 'available' for this specific stereo system but as you shall see from the link below, it's not the prettiest of things...

http://www.hifiengine.com/images/model/kenwood_sw-500.jpg

I have absolutely no experience in sound, stereos and compatibility

So my question really is "are there any other sub-woofers i can use?"

I've tried searching the internets for an answer but have returned without one..

ANY help or comment would be great

thanks in advance

A quick google search showed me that it has an RCA for sub-out. This means you can use basically any home theater sub. Receivers, stereos and preamps are all non-specific when it comes to compatibility with other brands of speakers and subs unless it specifically states otherwise. The only exception is some "home theater in box" systems which are built a certain way to only allow those speakers to be used which is why they are so cheap/affordable. Some higher end ones might allow other speakers to be used but they still wont be as good as a proper receiver, stereo, or preamp.

Try looking on ebay or the used market, there are many great subs available depending on your budget and preference.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

any powered subwoofer would work.

parts-express has a bunch ready to go, or you could buy a diy kit from them.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

A quick google search showed me that it has an RCA for sub-out. This means you can use basically any home theater sub. Receivers, stereos and preamps are all non-specific when it comes to compatibility with other brands of speakers and subs unless it specifically states otherwise. The only exception is some "home theater in box" systems which are built a certain way to only allow those speakers to be used which is why they are so cheap/affordable. Some higher end ones might allow other speakers to be used but they still wont be as good as a proper receiver, stereo, or preamp.

Try looking on ebay or the used market, there are many great subs available depending on your budget and preference.

Thanks, helped loads, Time for some bass!