1080ti Strix (ASUS) vs ICX FTW3 (EVGA)

StormEye
11 hours ago, StormEye said:

Well, if someone who does not like ASUS is complimenting on the low fan noise and cooling performance, I suppose thats a good thing right?

Yeah they make good quality components but their warranties, service, and QC are shit. EVGA is known for great service which is important to me since I buy so many parts.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

14 hours ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:
On 3/28/2017 at 5:55 AM, StormEye said:

I am currently looking into pre-ordering either ASUS's Strix 1080ti or EVGA's 1080ti FTW3.

Obviously both cards are not out yet, but I am quite sure both will be gone before I will get a chance to get my hands on them without pre-ordering.

I presume ASUS's 1080ti Strix will not stray far from its 1080 Strix cooler, but I am not familiar with its cooling performance and, more importantly, noise factor.

EVGA's 1080ti FTW3 is coming with a new cooler design (well at least for them), so I am not sure how it will perform either.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers to

1. How good is ASUS's Strix cooler? How loud is it at gaming load?

2. Any predictions on how EVGA's new cooler design's performance?

EDIT: I have new questions after watching LinusTechTips review of ASUS 1080 Strix.

1. Do ASUS cards still have an issue of user being REQUIRED to run GPU Tweak II?

2. Is there any other software out there that has detailed GPU monitoring that supports Logitech LCD?

EDIT2: Just got a call from local supplier, I can make preorder for ASUS 1080ti Strix. Probably gonna go ahead and do so this evening after work.

Where are you from? i want to get a call from my local supplier : (

I preordered a FTW3, then realized the SC2 will probably be identical, just less cash, so preordered that as well. But now I'm thinking the Strix will probably be better than both, but that's not available for preorder yet—that I know of (in the USA). I'm also curious about how Zotac and MSI's offerings compare in terms of noise.

15 hours ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Mid march awfully seems like very late march, tho the Aorus extreme edition looks like it has a better cooling system than the Asus strix anyways tho I could be wrong :L

Once the reviews are out we'll see, I'm just gonna buy whichever one I can get soonest xD let's hope the reviews done make me feel buyers regret LOL

Originally, the word was mid-March for release. Late-March (March 23, to be precise) ASUS put out a press release that said world wide availability late-March and to contact local ASUS representatives for specifics. Rather conveniently for ASUS, there is no contact information for their "local ASUS representatives", if they do exist.

Now I am going to go out on a limb here, but to my way of thinking, shipping in Asia, pre-orders in Europe for shipping mid-April and early May does not constitute "world wide availability" in mid-March or even late-March.

I swear to God, PNY is looking better and better to me every day. Sure the Strix is a way better card then a PNY FE, but at least they aren't yanking their customers' chain.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

1 hour ago, gcubed said:

Originally, the word was mid-March for release. Late-March (March 23, to be precise) ASUS put out a press release that said world wide availability late-March and to contact local ASUS representatives for specifics. Rather conveniently for ASUS, there is no contact information for their "local ASUS representatives", if they do exist.

Now I am going to go out on a limb here, but to my way of thinking, shipping in Asia, pre-orders in Europe for shipping mid-April and early May does not constitute "world wide availability" in mid-March or even late-March.

I swear to God, PNY is looking better and better to me every day. Sure the Strix is a way better card then a PNY FE, but at least they aren't yanking their customers' chain.

At least the Aorus is coming out on April 4th unless "Launch date" means something different for Gigabyte x-x

5 hours ago, jimmyjimmies said:

Where are you from? i want to get a call from my local supplier : (

Hong Kong

• 3 weeks later...

@deXxterlab97@jj9987@MidnightBanshi@Flavio hc 16

Thank you all for helping my out previously in this topic for picking 1080ti (even if you suggested me the EVGA one, which I did not pick up).

I received two ASUS Strix 1080ti OC Edition on the 13th, and I am very satisfied with its performance.

But, I am even more AMAZED at how absolutely quiet this thing is.

Even at max settings (borderline crashing the system), temperatures are kept under control and is absolutely silent. My other case fans are far louder than what these graphics cards are operating at.

Pre-ordered mine a few hours ago, OC ed. Roughly 1,100 CAD with taxes and S&H. ~ 825 USD.

Dunno when it's going to ship tho. (Canada) No timeline mention at all.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

10 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Pre-ordered mine a few hours ago, OC ed. Roughly 1,100 CAD with taxes and S&H. ~ 825 USD.

Dunno when it's going to ship tho. (Canada) No timeline mention at all.

Is it still a pre-order status? I think its officially released at least around here in Hong Kong.

Amazon lists it to be released on the 20th.

12 hours ago, StormEye said:

Is it still a pre-order status? I think its officially released at least around here in Hong Kong.

Amazon lists it to be released on the 20th.

Yep still pre-order.

Not on Amazon Canada.

Closest I could find it a pre-order rebate on some websites that goes on until April 30th.

You're lucky. :P

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti