"nVidiaCast"

Eddyall

As anyone heard about something like ChromeCast but for PC streaming?

Because I seriously can not be the first one to thing about it.

And if not who wouldn't want it if they had a Kepler GPU?

As anyone heard about something like ChromeCast but for PC streaming?

Because I seriously can not be the first one to thing about it.

And if not who wouldn't want it if they had a Kepler GPU?

Nvida Shield.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I see no need for this, I have my TiVO and the chrome cast is literally £25, it can't get much cheaper. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I was thinking of a 40-50$ option, not 300 or 200 for the Tegra Note.

That's impossible. Gamestreaming needs some serious hardware.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

That's impossible. Gamestreaming needs some serious hardware.

If the OUYA can be 80$, nVidia can make a 40-50$ version that doesn't play game.

If the OUYA can be 80$, nVidia can make a 40-50$ version that doesn't play game.

But the OUYA is a piece of junk.

this thread is confusing me care to explain?

nVidia has 2 option at the moment for console mode (Streaming PC game to your TV and using a Bluetooth controller), the Shield at 300$ and the Tegra Note 7 at 200$.

My idea is that if nVidia made something that's basically a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/H.264 decoder HDMI key that you plug in your tv, you would get an option that virtually 10 times cheaper. Meaning that those who want to stream their game on their TV but not pay in the 3 numbers for another Android device, have an option in the 2 numbers. A price at 2 number instead of 3 is a significant improvement, you therefore get a lot more potential customer, like the majority of people with Kepler GPU.

What they could do is just make a smaller version of the OUYA that isn't means to play game (Not need for things like storage because it's just a relay) and that's it, official nVidia "console" for less than the price of a game. Hell just buy OUYA and do some modification to the console and your done.

My understanding is that game stream doesn't work on Tegra Note... Maybe I misunderstood? I thought you can just play Android games over HDMI with a Bluetooth controller.

My understanding is that game stream doesn't work on Tegra Note... Maybe I misunderstood? I thought you can just play Android games over HDMI with a Bluetooth controller.

you can via bluetooth.

Also seem to be right about tegra note :3 altho i havent got hands-on experience. but according to people i've talked to its not working.

Wait never mind there is no game streaming

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

No, I think I'm the one who misread, but it just makes this idea better because now you would go from a 300$ solution to a ~90%.

But that also means it's not going to happen because it would kill one of the biggest selling point of the Shield.

It also means I'm not getting a Tegra Note anymore.

Edit: Well I've looked at a few more page on Google not just nVidia blog and EVGA and it seems that when the article was publish on nVidia's blog on Sep.18, a few website write it could do PC streaming so I'm going to wait for you to have a sample unit to know if it can't or not.

Ryan Shrout also said it doesn't work, But Tomshardware says otherwise.

I thought that was the whole premise behind it?

I feel like the best thing a company would do, would be to enable you desktop computer to be plugged into a device, which transmits the image to your tv, via whatever. and then be able to control it with a controller, and have almost no delay. That'd be epic.

It'll probably be like this with Steambox sort of, if you get a steambox, use steam storage, and nvidias gpu streaming, you could get a super cheap steambox just to recieve the signal, and play it on your tv, monitor, shield, tablet, vita, whatever.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why cant they make something where i can stream a game from my pc to my laptop? why is that so hard? i dont care if both have to have nvidia graphics cards just let me stream simcity from my desktop to my laptop so i can sit in my bed when its cold!

I thought that was the whole premise behind it?

I feel like the best thing a company would do, would be to enable you desktop computer to be plugged into a device, which transmits the image to your tv, via whatever. and then be able to control it with a controller, and have almost no delay. That'd be epic.

It'll probably be like this with Steambox sort of, if you get a steambox, use steam storage, and nvidias gpu streaming, you could get a super cheap steambox just to recieve the signal, and play it on your tv, monitor, shield, tablet, vita, whatever.

I agree. And the tablet formfactor allows you to have a thin device hooked up to your tv. Then, you can connect a bluetooth controller to it and stream games directly from your pc on your couch.  Missed opportunity by Nvidia, imo. I would rather get the Nexus 7 directly from the horse's mouth and have guaranteed OS updates as soon as Google releases them.