Paint for Painting computer components?

aiucaiu
Go to solution Solved by RollinLower,

plastidip for anyhting that doesn;t get too hot. plastidip is removable so you won't permanently change the appearance of your parts!

I have a simple little question, what paint do you recommend to paint your PC parts

Comic Sans!

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

plastidip for anyhting that doesn;t get too hot. plastidip is removable so you won't permanently change the appearance of your parts!

Okay so plastidip should be fine for PCIe brackets, the corsair h100i v2 grey thingy at the side of the rad and ssd trays but will it be good for the top bracket of the dominator platinums, they don't get very hot do they??

Edited by SpeedyDucky

Comic Sans!

Just now, SpeedyDucky said:

Okay so plastidip should be fine for PCIe brackets, the corsair h100i v2 grey thingy at the side of the rad and ssd trays but will it be good for the top bracket of the dominator platinums?

should be good to go. plastidip is resistent to 200 degrees F or 90-something degrees C, so as long as you dont set your RAM on fire you won;t experience any troubles :P

just make sure it has hardened completely before turning the PC on.

Just now, RollinLower said:

should be good to go. plastidip is resistent to 200 degrees F or 90-something degrees C, so as long as you dont set your RAM on fire you won;t experience any troubles :P

just make sure it has hardened completely before turning the PC on.

okay thanks, btw this is my first time building a pc so i wan't to make it pretty :)

Comic Sans!

2 hours ago, SpeedyDucky said:

Okay so plastidip should be fine for PCIe brackets, the corsair h100i v2 grey thingy at the side of the rad and ssd trays but will it be good for the top bracket of the dominator platinums, they don't get very hot do they??

I wouldn't recommend to use plasti-dip for PCI-E brackets especially if they are the kind that slide into place to be screwed down since it's a rubber coating it lacks the abrasion resistance or contact pressure as paint. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 10:04 PM, W-L said:

I wouldn't recommend to use plasti-dip for PCI-E brackets especially if they are the kind that slide into place to be screwed down since it's a rubber coating it lacks the abrasion resistance or contact pressure as paint. 

Okay thanks i'l just get a can of plastikote too ;)

Comic Sans!