Ideas about my new pre-built pc ?

MrYoussef

Hello everyone,

I'm buying a pre-built pc and I'd like to ask you how good are his specs and how long can I keep it until I REALLY need an upgrade

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 (3.4 GHz)

GPU:  ASUS Phoenix GTX 1050TI - 4GB

RAM: 8GB DDR4 (I'll make it 16GB ) 

Mother Board: ASUS H110M-K

Power Supply:  PFC 300W

Case: SHARKOON S25-W 

Storage: 1TB HDD 

What do you think guys ? 

I might be able to have an ASUS GTX 1060 TURBO 6GB ( MAYBE ) 

And one other thing, as for the mother board, is it capable of running higher end GPUs if I upgrade it someday to a GTX 1070 for example ?

wow 300w power supply is very little and i assume it´s a no name one too. You cant upgrade without getting a new one.

Honestly this PC sucks because it is not good and you have already to change things. Why not build one yourself?

34 minutes ago, MrYoussef said:

I'm buying a pre-built

Don't do it

55 minutes ago, MrYoussef said:

Hello everyone,

I'm buying a pre-built pc and I'd like to ask you how good are his specs and how long can I keep it until I REALLY need an upgrade

What do you think guys ? 

I might be able to have an ASUS GTX 1060 TURBO 6GB ( MAYBE ) 

And one other thing, as for the mother board, is it capable of running higher end GPUs if I upgrade it someday to a GTX 1070 for example ?

If you upgrade the PSU when you upgrade your graphics card (probably next couple years because you might want better graphics), than unless the case has shite cooling or bad mobo, i would assume around 5 years or more for 1080p gameplay, unless for some reason games start requiring more than 4 threads (extremely unlikely), or don't perform that well on 3.4ghz quadcore cpus (unlikely) personally i wouldn't go with prebuilt since i enjoy building PCs (even the parts that can get frustrating). There is alot of Prebuilt hate (alot is justified, like with the PSUs, and the premium for some brands), but I know people who prefer to just get a prebuilt and slap a GPU in it (usually with a new PSU as well) and it jsut works, no hate to them because it's jsut easier for them. In the end it is up to you, and what you want, and once again i would assume 5 years for all but the GPU because in less than 5 years i went from a 660 ti to a 1070 with huge differences, but my old i5-3570k (which i usually ran at stock) gamed jsut fine at 1080p, one of my friends is still gaming great at 1080 with his 970 and i5-2500, and my other friend is using an i7-920 at 2.7ghz with an rx480 at 1080p with no problems, as it is all about preference. 

TL:DR Don't instantly Hate on Prebuilts, and it will probably last around 5+ years depending on the quality of the board and temps in the case.

Nothing to see here, move along

I've built PCs for quite a few years now and this build can't actually operate.
Your listed specs:

The PSU you describe is not adequate for the hardware you have listed.  The PC won't power on because the Nvidia graphics card will take something close to 250watts at load alone, and the CPU has an expected power draw of 65 watts at idle.