How to record audios for Youtube videos?

4klips
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

What exactly are you confused about? 

You seem to have described the process pretty good. 

Record your screen with OBS, XSplit or other software and record your voiceover with Audacity.

You then export the audio from Audacity and add it to the video in your editing software.

I want to start a Youtube channel but I am little confused about the audio recording. All computer screen recording softwares can record the audio. But I came to know that I have to record only video with the software and record audio simultaneously with audacity for good quality. And during editing the video I will have to combine the audio.

I am little confused can anyone tell be the actual best process.

8 minutes ago, 4klips said:

I want to start a Youtube channel but I am little confused about the audio recording. All computer screen recording softwares can record the audio. But I came to know that I have to record only video with the software and record audio simultaneously with audacity for good quality. And during editing the video I will have to combine the audio.

I am little confused can anyone tell be the actual best process.

It can be as complex or as simple as you want it to be.

Simple:  Just record audio with webcam or basic mike as part of game recording.

depending on how you want to treat and the quality you are trying to get to, tools like audacity are good.

My recomendation - Start Simple.   Learn over time from there.   Dont try ultra quality day 1.

What exactly are you confused about? 

You seem to have described the process pretty good. 

Record your screen with OBS, XSplit or other software and record your voiceover with Audacity.

You then export the audio from Audacity and add it to the video in your editing software.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes