USB (RAW) Windows cant format USB

Seouless

so im having a problem with my usb which i cant access..i tried to copy some files in it then when i switched computer i can no longer read..possibly the file had virus, corrupted the usb?idk pls send help!!

btw i tried the disk list solution but still doesnt work!

4 minutes ago, Seouless said:

so im having a problem with my usb which i cant access..i tried to copy some files in it then when i switched computer i can no longer read..possibly the file had virus, corrupted the usb?idk pls send help!!

btw i tried the disk list solution but still doesnt work!

Try formatting the partition. Or deleting it and making a new one.

Can you see it in disk management? And how old is this usb stick exactly if it corruption it's gotta be old.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

1 minute ago, Arcanekitten said:

Can you see it in disk management? And how old is this usb stick exactly if it corruption it's gotta be old.

yes , it says Raw
healthy (primary partition)

tried to format  still came back to "windows cant format this usb etc.."

Untitled.png

What i use when that problem occurs with me is that i have another usb stick and boot a linux distro with gparted on it (I think xubuntu has it) or you can try gparted 

clean it with diskpart first, then create a primary partition, and then format from partition editor

CMD

Diskpart

Lis Dis

Sel Dis x

Clean

Cre Par Pri

Exit

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

6 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

clean it with diskpart first, then create a primary partition, and then format from partition editor

CMD

Diskpart

Lis Dis

Sel Dis x

Clean

Cre Par Pri

Exit

like so?i ddnt know where is Partition editor so i tried to format it in the disk management,,,still?

Untitle1d.png

1 minute ago, Seouless said:

like so?i ddnt know where is Partition editor so i tried to format it in the disk management,,,still?

Untitle1d.png

Try using a linux distro like GParted to format it ( i use it when this happens to me)

Just now, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

Try using a linux distro like GParted to format it ( i use it when this happens to me)

pls help me with it cuz this is the 1st time im hearing that

hw about step by step process for a noob like me 

Here is a link to download it: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php

Then you use unetbootin to put it on a usb drive

Then you go restart you pc and go to bios and select the usb drive in the boot manager

Then it should boot up (I know i had to try downloading it 2-3 time to get it to work)

Once it boots up click on the GParted icon and it will boot up GParted and then you select the drive and format it to what you want it to be (FAT, FAT32 ect.)

3 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

Here is a link to download it: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php

Then you use unetbootin to put it on a usb drive

Then you go restart you pc and go to bios and select the usb drive in the boot manager

Then it should boot up (I know i had to try downloading it 2-3 time to get it to work)

Once it boots up click on the GParted icon and it will boot up GParted and then you select the drive and format it to what you want it to be (FAT, FAT32 ect.)

is it this 270 mb one?

Just now, Seouless said:

is it this 270 mb one?

Whats the size of the actual drive you want to format and also list the other drives that pop up

Just now, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

Whats the size of the actual drive you want to format and also list the other drives that pop up

its the Disk 1 one ,,29.3 gb

Unti12tled.png

20 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

try formatting it from diskpart then

sel dis X

format FS=NTFS quick

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Most likely it is then

its the Disk 1 one ,,29.3 gb

Unti12tled.png

Most likely it is because in gparted if you click on the drive most of it would list as free space

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

Most likely it is then

Most likely it is because in gparted if you click on the drive most of it would list as free space

so i shud just follow ur instructions and try and fix it in the bios?

8 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

try formatting it from diskpart then

sel dis X

format FS=NTFS quick

like that?

121212.png

like that?

121212.png

oh sorry 

lis vol

sel vol X

format FS=NTFS quick

Home PC:

Work PC:

1 minute ago, DnFx91 said:

oh sorry 

lis vol

sel vol X

format FS=NTFS quick

yeah i also have tried this one before..after i load to 100% it says that..

123.png

yeah i also have tried this one before..after i load to 100% it says that..

123.png

hmm, as other's have pointed out, trying to format it with linux is the next step, but diskpart very rarely fails this task so im doubting the integrity of your drive.

Download Gparted or even just a linux mint installation ISO, boot it, run gparted and see if you can format it from there, its all GUI based and intuitive you should be able to figure it out.

Home PC:

Work PC:

56 minutes ago, Seouless said:

so i shud just follow ur instructions and try and fix it in the bios?

You want to download Gparted and go in to the bios boot section and make the usb drive that you put gparted on first boot option

44 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

You want to download Gparted and go in to the bios boot section and make the usb drive that you put gparted on first boot option

it says theres no bootable devices found..

10 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS_POTATO said:

Thats strange... Maybe try UUI (I linked the application to this) because sometimes with me i have to use different usb installers

Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.7.7.exe

but I am formatting it in FAT32 WTH

1232323.png