Reviews for the real world? (Suggestion)

Cheesus182

I just finished watching the Surface Pro 4 review and I noticed something that has been bothering me for quite some time. Reviews are being made from a point of view that is slightly unreasonable and represents very little real world use. In the video, Linus talks about how the Pro 4 has "outdated IO" which, I guess is true in the tech world but not at all in the real world. 

Honest question, how many of you actually have a USB Type C memory/flash drive? Or even use it? Im going to guess hardly anyone.

I love the idea of USB Type C and Im sure it will catch on soon enough but for the next year or two, USB Type C peripherals are non-existant. 

I currently have a Dell XPS 7275, the poor mans Surface. It only has 2 USB Type C ports and its the only thing I truly hate about the device. Not a single computer at my university has a type C port, nor do any of my friends devices. The same goes for at work. I have to email or other wise transfer files all the time. 

Now I know that a lot of you are going to want to shout at me for this but I honestly think that some of the reviews are being made from a point of view that doesnt acurately represent what the majority of people need.

I couldnt really put my finger on it for a while but now that he reviewed something that I personally use every day, it became quite obvious and considering many people, including me, will be coming to this channel before buying something, it should be a bit more objective.

For this review, maybe include something about how great it is to be able to detatch the tablet from the keyboard, lean back in your chair and scroll with your finger while reading longer texts, rather than being hunched over a desk.

(This is by no means trying to defend the Pro 4, its simply to highlight that some reviews are too specific to their work environment)

3 minutes ago, Cheesus182 said:

It only has 2 USB Type C ports and its the only thing I truly hate about the device. Not a single computer at my university has a type C port, nor do any of my friends devices. The same goes for at work. I have to email or other wise transfer files all the time. 

Got to say I have to really agree with you on this point you made.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I think that the addition of a USB Type C port would have given the Pro 4 a better chance at surviving into the future with the rise of (oh, no, I'm using a hashtag!) #DongleLife. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2