Low Budget CPU

3 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I wouldn't say a 750ti is shit, it does the job and it's cheap. Anyway, this thread is not about finding a GPU. That comes later.

What's the cost of something from the A8 or A10 range for you? They will be better than anything from the A4 and A6 range by far as they have 2 module/4 core and at a bare minimum will work as a dual core in some programs and games.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

What's the cost of something from the A8 or A10 range for you? They will be better than anything from the A4 and A6 range by far as they have 2 module/4 core and at a bare minimum will work as a dual core in some programs and games.

Well, the A8-7600 is 65$ on amazon right now. How does that compare to the g4560?

11 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Well, the A8-7600 is 65$ on amazon right now. How does that compare to the g4560?

The G4560 is far more powerful.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

1 hour ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

The Pentium is better by far than anything from AMD's APU line up. The iGPU of course isn't as good, but it would be fine for quite a while until you get a graphics card. It actually has very similar performance to an i3.

PMSL

15 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

The Pentium is better by far than anything from AMD's APU line up. The iGPU of course isn't as good, but it would be fine for quite a while until you get a graphics card. It actually has very similar performance to an i3.

Then that's the one i'll buy. I'll need a cheap 1151 Motherboard, is this one any good?  https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-LGA1151-Intel-Motherboard-GA-H110M/dp/B0165YUDTM/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1489955502&sr=1-2&keywords=1151+motherboard

4 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

It should be-pretty much all LGA1151 motherboards would work the same, so just choose one that fits your budget while providing what you need. You can skimp on it unlike most of the other components.

PMSL

11 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

That's still 60$, + the motherboard. Is it that much better than a A4-7300?. 

Well to my knowledge an A4 is dual core with integrated graphics. I actually had an A6 with integrated graphics on the same board as the X4 previously. The X4 is quad core and so much more powerful. I run games at about 3 times the framerate and that's at higher settings than before.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

I suggest you go with i3 530. Comes with a basic 2.93Ghz but I easily overclocked it to 3.9Ghz.

It has hyperthreading too. A really good CPU for the money.

I can easily play GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege,Doom without any bottlenecks and get 50-60 FPS at medium Settings.

I have a Nvidia Gt730 2GB DDR5

18 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Where?

SuperBiiz

20 hours ago, Inversion said:

If you're willing to pay for a dedicated GPU then the Athlon X4 860K isn't a bad bet for about $60. It's a quad core from AMD and although it's a few years old it's a killer for price to performance. I wouldn't recommend anything better than a GTX 960 to pair with it as you'll start to bottleneck any higher. I have this pairing and I can play most games at 60 FPS with Medium to High Settings. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs really well with only big dips when there's a lot of bushes.

Amazon US link - https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Thermal-Solution-AD860KXBJASBX/dp/B01BIWKNAK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489950287&sr=8-3&keywords=athlon+x4+860k

i used to recommend this chip for low end, but so many complaints, the X4 860K is garbage, even for the price

my little bro paired a 1060 with an X4 860K and it bottlenecked worse than anything ive seen before, cpu at 100% and GPU at about 25%, is it much better on the 960 ?

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

2 hours ago, DnFx91 said:

i used to recommend this chip for low end, but so many complaints, the X4 860K is garbage, even for the price

my little bro paired a 1060 with an X4 860K and it bottlenecked worse than anything ive seen before, cpu at 100% and GPU at about 25%, is it much better on the 960 ?

Lots on graphicaly demanding games the 960 gets up to high 90% sometimes. The cpu is up close to 100% but the 960 is similar to the 1050 whereas 1060 is more 970 territory

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

3 hours ago, Inversion said:

Lots on graphicaly demanding games the 960 gets up to high 90% sometimes. The cpu is up close to 100% but the 960 is similar to the 1050 whereas 1060 is more 970 territory

that makes sense, but having a CPU hit almost full capacity during gaming just sucks in general

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

True but if your budget is low but you like triple A games it's an evil you have to deal with. The Athlon is even a decent overclocker, I can get it up to 4.4GHz from 3.7GHz using a Hyper 103 and get temps no higher than about 60 when playing heavy games.

1 hour ago, Inversion said:

True but if your budget is low but you like triple A games it's an evil you have to deal with. The Athlon is even a decent overclocker, I can get it up to 4.4GHz from 3.7GHz using a Hyper 103 and get temps no higher than about 60 when playing heavy games.

So, i should get the g4560 or the Athlon?.

If youre on a really thight budget get an old xeon processor or a core 2 quad.

Hotel? Trivago. 

55 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

The G4560 is better by far:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-pentium-g4620-g4560-cpu,4934-2.html

Whether it be in gaming or productivity/office work.

PMSL

9 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I'd say it depends on MB cost and whether or not you can afford a GPU

42 minutes ago, Inversion said:

I'd say it depends on MB cost and whether or not you can afford a GPU

When any LGA1151 motherboard can be used without problems (though older ones would need an update)......

PMSL