How trustworthy is userbenchmark.com?

Hey Guys i was just searching measures to make the best use of my old system and came across this website www.userbenchmark.com

I just have some doubts regarding them. As according to them i can run a GTX 1070 & 1060 on a 5 year old Intel motherboard (http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Intel-DH67BL/290). Is it possible if so how can i run it? As i too have the same motherboard.

My current Config is

Cpu: i5 2500k

MB: Intel DH67BL

GPU: Radeon Hd6750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x2

HDD: Samsung 840 120gb + Seagate 1Tb

Untitled.jpg

userbenchmark.com is at least more trustworthy than crappy PassMark.

Sigh... another led astray.

It doesn't matter that your CPU is 5 years old. It supports PCI-E to run the card. Also, the 2500K is still a great performing chip. Now, you'd probably want to upgrade in another year or two, but for now, it's still a damn good beast. Now if you said 8350, I'd giggle a little.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

I know i sound stupid. But i really have no idea about these things. As my computer expert told me i have to upgrade the whole system. Thanks you guys for your help you saved me a lot of money. @Brehohn @PenPoint @Megah3rtz

I run a 1060 on my five year old computer. It prob bottlenecks but I dont notice it as it does what I want. Apart from that 65W TDP Ryzen CPU I really don't have any motivation to upgrade my CPU. People over-react and use the word bottlenecking, but when you are upgrading an old computer get what you can afford that is reasonable. CPUs have not improved a lot in the last 5 years

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

If a score shows up on userbenchmark, most of the time it's a validated one, unless the creator found a way to cheat UB's hardware detection scripts.

So yes, you can run a 1070 on a 2011 mobo :P

Don't go to UB for reliable benchmark scores though. In there you get scores from all kinds of computers and non-comparable environments.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

I run a 1060 on my five year old computer. It prob bottlenecks but I dont notice it as it does what I want. Apart from that 65W TDP Ryzen CPU I really don't have any motivation to upgrade my CPU. People over-react and use the word bottlenecking, but when you are upgrading an old computer get what you can afford that is reasonable. CPUs have not improved a lot in the last 5 years

Can confirm my Xeon E3-1230 doesn't bottleneck an RX 480 that much (tests on The Witcher 3)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Abhinav Ashish said:

I know i sound stupid. But i really have no idea about these things. As my computer expert told me i have to upgrade the whole system. Thanks you guys for your help you saved me a lot of money. @Brehohn @PenPoint @Megah3rtz

Hey no worries man. These sites are a great tool. But if you have a "computer expert" handy and you feel unsure about the decision or topic at hand, just ask us. You'll get multiple opinions that are more than likely the same. If anything, get yourself an i7 2600K or upgrade to a 3770K (if your board supports the update for it) and you'll be covered for another couple to 3 years.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Just now, Energycore said:

Can confirm my Xeon E3-1230 doesn't bottleneck an RX 480 that much (tests on The Witcher 3)

I never bothered to test it coz I know the card will perform differently in different games. If I get less than 60fps in any game I drop the resolution down from UHD to 1080p. I havnt yet seen a reason to change the CPU. Might be different for people with more expensive gaming monitors but 1080p @ 60Hz gaming has been doable in mid to low range for ages, the only change Iv really had to make is to get a GPU that supports new DirectX and opengl versions

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Hey no worries man. These sites are a great tool. But if you have a "computer expert" handy and you feel unsure about the decision or topic at hand, just ask us. You'll get multiple opinions that are more than likely the same. If anything, get yourself an i7 2600K or upgrade to a 3770K (if your board supports the update for it) and you'll be covered for another couple to 3 years.

I was planning on overclocking my i5 2500k instead. as i have to get a new board as my current board has some issues of a few parts not working. Like the Lan, Battery issues and PCI-E 1x and a few usb's. 

But instead i guess i should get a GTX 1060

I would still look into upgrading your CPU to the i7 3770K if you're buying a new board. Might as well right? Your i5 is pretty old so I would shorten its life in the long run by overclocking it. You won't see that much of a difference at all. That's why I say that the i7 would be a great choice.

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I never bothered to test it coz I know the card will perform differently in different games. If I get less than 60fps in any game I drop the resolution down from UHD to 1080p. I havnt yet seen a reason to change the CPU. Might be different for people with more expensive gaming monitors but 1080p @ 60Hz gaming has been doable in mid to low range for ages, the only change Iv really had to make is to get a GPU that supports new DirectX and opengl versions

I feel like too few people know the real power of tweaking settings. Maybe they want the ego-boost of being able to say that they drive their games maxed out, or maybe some people are lazy to tweak. To those people I say, git gud :D

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

I would still look into upgrading your CPU to the i7 3770K if you're buying a new board. Might as well right? Your i5 is pretty old so I would shorten its life in the long run by overclocking it. You won't see that much of a difference at all. That's why I say that the i7 would be a great choice.

Lets see what i get....

Just now, Abhinav Ashish said:

Lets see what i get....

I got a Xeon that's equivalent of an i7-2600, and all I can say about it is that it works great :D

Well there's this one game where something is causing stuttering, I'll have to research on that.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

It doesn't matter that your CPU is 5 years old. It supports PCI-E to run the card. Also, the 2500K is still a great performing chip. Now, you'd probably want to upgrade in another year or two, but for now, it's still a damn good beast. Now if you said 8350, I'd giggle a little.

I wouldn't say it's that great, while some criticised Intel for not doing much since Sandy Bridge, my i5 6400 is matched with an i5 3570k at stock speeds (all 4 core load, i5 3570k turbo boost was 3.6, the i5 6400 was 3.1 so we see quite an improvement on IPC). SInce that chip is Ivy Bridge, Sandy would be further behind, but it would still run any gam,es fine, just not optimally. I mostly put the lack of serious IPC gains down to lack of competition, lack of other companies developing any ground breaking new technologies, and mostly Intel's terrible spending habits. For shits and giggles I overclocked the i5 6400 to 4.6GHz and it kicked ass while begging for mercy. 

Yours faithfully

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2017 at 11:09 PM, Brehohn said:

While my Haswell i7-4790K is my main build, also have it's little brother in another, my FX-8370 & 8350 are still solid machines. Both of the FX CPU's outperforms the i5-4690K & is dang close to my XPS 8700 with i7-4770 (according to Passmark scores. 

The bottleneck & why I don't have a NVMe SSD on either of the FX builds are because of PCIe 2.0. Otherwise are reliable machines that meets the need, although uses more power than any of my Haswell systems. BTW, the FX-8370 is basically a binned 8350, more suitable for overclocking, although with all cores running at over 4.1GHz, don't see the need for further OC on the ASUS 970 PRO Gaming/AURA (FX-8370) & ASRock 970M Pro3, the only mATX 970 chipset MB I could find. 

If I had to do it all over again, may had chosen an FM2+ platform for PCIe 3.0 speed, however the best Athlon CPU wasn't close to the performance of the FX chips. So any benefit gained would had been in running NVMe SSD's at native speed (hopefully). My next build will come in 2020 with the best Ryzen on AMD's next MB platform, or better yet, the lowest cost Threadripper for bragging rights.xD

That is, unless Intel returns to manufacturing CPU's the proven way, soldering to die for improved cooling. Then may consider the brand again. My 4790K has been delidded, replaced their cheap TIM with liquid metal (no glue) & IHS replaced with a custom copper one, machined to perfection & shiny. Two more to go.

While AMD FX systems are fading, are far from dead & gives a lot more performance for the dollar (value for performance, bang for the buck, whatever).:P

Cat