Why to Emulators sometimes is less performing good than actual consoles?

Why do games run worse on pc? I borrowed some wii u discs from my friend and gave those games a run. But when my portable switch can run it at 30FPS smoothly, why can't my fully fledged much more powerful pc can't handle 10FPS? Of course this is zelda breath of the wild we're talking about, a very demanding game but why it is so?

2 minutes ago, Dongwook23 said:

Why do games run worse on pc? I borrowed some wii u discs from my friend and gave those games a run. But when my portable switch can run it at 30FPS smoothly, why can't my fully fledged much more powerful pc can't handle 10FPS? Of course this is zelda breath of the wild we're talking about, a very demanding game but why it is so?

because the game was meant to play on very specific hardware and is coded accordingly. also emulators tend to have some overhead involved too. bottom line is you are trying to run a game that is not meant to run on your hardware and it doesn't seem to like it. at least this would be my educated guess. 

because wii u emulators are not very developed considering the wii u is a fairly new console

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Because software emulation takes a while to get working correctly, and the emulator takes more resources to do its thing the further the target hardware is from your system's hardware (hence why x86 cannot emulate the PS3's Septacore Cell processor, unless you're running something like a 5960X, and even then, you can only play 1 or 2 undemanding early titlles).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Well that makes sense. I would have loved to play breath of the wild in 4K but oh well. Mobile is the price to pay I guess.

2 hours ago, Dongwook23 said:

Well that makes sense. I would have loved to play breath of the wild in 4K but oh well. Mobile is the price to pay I guess.

From what i've heard because of the way the game is done, when played through the emulator higher resolutions shouldn't actually affect the framerate much if at all due to how cpu limited BOTW is. 

Here's the source: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-the-cemu-emulators-devs-got-breath-of-the-wild-running-in-just-a-few-hours/

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Emulation is basically converting the low-level code of a game system and translating it into something that another system can understand.

Imagine taking Windows and trying to run the entirety of Linux on it; it would take quite a lot of translating to convert one OS to entirely different one.

This is the same for games, except since games mainly focus on rendering a scene and projecting it onto a screen, you can imagine how intense it becomes to try to render frames when you're translating all that code. This is even more difficult when you have two totally different architectures, such as x86/x64 and ARM processors, but also incidentally can allow some emulators to run better (such as GameBoy running pretty well on the ARM architecture).

4 hours ago, HunterAP said:

Emulation is basically converting the low-level code of a game system and translating it into something that another system can understand.

Imagine taking Windows and trying to run the entirety of Linux on it; it would take quite a lot of translating to convert one OS to entirely different one.

This is the same for games, except since games mainly focus on rendering a scene and projecting it onto a screen, you can imagine how intense it becomes to try to render frames when you're translating all that code. This is even more difficult when you have two totally different architectures, such as x86/x64 and ARM processors, but also incidentally can allow some emulators to run better (such as GameBoy running pretty well on the ARM architecture).

Look up Linux Subsystem for Windows. Ubuntu Server also runs very well in a VM. Running the entirety of Linux isn't that bad. like you said though, it's the emulation of other architectures, especially if you have to reverse engineer a closed architecture like you have to in order to emulate most consoles.

19 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Look up Linux Subsystem for Windows. Ubuntu Server also runs very well in a VM. Running the entirety of Linux isn't that bad. like you said though, it's the emulation of other architectures, especially if you have to reverse engineer a closed architecture like you have to in order to emulate most consoles.

I was trying to explain it in a way that made sense in terms of operating systems, not just regular software. I run Ubuntu through VirtualBox and I know that it could run a billion times better if it was installed normally compared to using a VM. I'm taking a course where we built an assembler for some old computer from the 80's or 90's, and then adding in emulation of that computer system, and even with all the horsepower of modern machines we can still get hiccups. Maybe one day we can use quantum computers and emulate every console simultaneously at 4k 144 fps.