Need help with dac/amp/sound card purchase!!!

Hello, I am looking for either a sound card or an external dac/amp for my pc. I currently have RHA T20i Black as my IEMs and as my headset I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2. I want either a sound card or an external dac/amp to make them sound the best they possibly can, because I am a budget audiophile. I would like to have knobs for bass and gain and stuff, or an eq software for a soundcard, but I dont know which will be better, or what kind. I am looking to spend less than $100. Thank you for helping me! P.S. the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 is a usb headset, so I need to also find an adapter or a dac/amp/sound card that has a usb audio thing. THANK YOU!!!

23 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I have a Razer Kraken

23 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I am a budget audiophile

I beg to differ.

Number one, a soundcard will be useless with a USB headset. Number two, that particular headset is garbage, so even if a DAC, amp, or soundcard would work with it, it would be wasted.

let me ask you one question. How did you even plan to adapt USB jack?

you would need a ADC, because that crapset has USB which means it needs a digital signal, that it then somewhere in the crapset makes into a analog signal... So you would make a signal from digital to analog to digital to analog...

Use the money on a pair of good headphones, it will be a much better use.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.