Ryzen overclock

How high can you overclock a Ryzen 1700 and have it running for several hours? (Add the temperature and voltage for the overclock)

11 minutes ago, NewAndy said:

How high can you overclock a Ryzen 1700 and have it running for several hours? (Add the temperature and voltage for the overclock)

4ghz 1.5v I think (if the silicone lottery is in your favor)

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

1GHz is a lot, but how hot would it be, and how long can it stay like this? (Also, how much noise would it make?)

Just now, NewAndy said:

1GHz is a lot, but how hot would it be, and how long can it stay like this? (Also, how much noise would it make?)

depends on cooling

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

depends on cooling

NZXT kraken x62, but it will be the first thing to change for something cheaper if I don't have enough money.

but it will be an aio cooler, 240/280mm

1 minute ago, NewAndy said:

NZXT kraken x62, but it will be the first thing to change for something cheaper if I don't have enough money.

but it will be an aio cooler, 240/280mm

you would be fine 

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

you would be fine 

Yea, it's a cool cooler, but how loud/how hot would it be? 

Just now, NewAndy said:

not very

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

not very

Great answer...

24 minutes ago, NewAndy said:

Great answer...

what answer do you expect without giving information about the cooler and asking about a chip that is still brand new and not so many overclockers sharing their results? - it will be at 50 degrees and 32 db??

Go find or choose the cooler that you want and search for something like this in the description -

Noise Level 17~30 dBA 

42 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

You don't need anywhere near 1.5v for this... Had mine running fine on stock cooler at 4Ghz 1.37V. Temps were high 60s dipping into low 70s running Prime95, but room temp was only ~25c. On a hot day you'd need aftermarket cooling for this. These cores are basically just the same silicon as 1800x's.

Overall, I'd recommend 3.9Ghz @ 1.35v and 1.1V SOC. This should be perfectly stable at around 95-110W TDP. (The included cooler is designed for 95w TDP - you'll be pushing it on warmer days)

Note the system will seem fine without the higher SOC but instantly crashes on physics tests - you need the extra voltage. You could try 1 or 1.05, but stock 0.9 simply won't cut it.

52 minutes ago, NewAndy said:

The cooler is <40dB at 1050RPM (approx. 50% power), goes to around 50dB at full power. The cooler manages 220w FX series chips fine, even with overclocks... The Ryzen series chips won't push much further than 120-140W - it'll manage fine.

Here's the results of a 140w Intel chip with that cooler: http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2662-nzxt-kraken-x52-x62-x42-review-and-benchmarks-noise-temp/page-3

Note they've overclocking to around 150w TDP, though you'll only be pushing your Ryzen to ~130w - you'll see even lower temps.