Gonna build a pc for a friend (Help me)

Good day to all of you guys! Im here again with some stupid questions lol

I'm going to build a pc for a friend. What he wants to do with hes future pc is to do some REVIT, RENDERING, AND GAMING. he says that $2000 is hes budget and he has also a few parts in mind which are:

GeForce GTX1080 for Video Card

Intel i7-7700K for the processor

and SSD 850 2.5" SATA III 1TB for storage

now, kindly help me with the other parts. or maybe u can suggest a full build tower (the 3 parts must be in that build) thanks guys! i appreciate your help 

I looked at pcpartpicker but i have doubts that those builds that i saw is capable of (rendering, do some revit, and gaming) so help me guys. thanks again!

have you considered the Intel i7 6800k? It is a 6 core, so it would be better for CPU based rendering. Also are you sure about the 1tb ssd? I have 1tb of ssd storage, and it is drastically overkill. A 500gb ssd + 3 tb hdd is ussually the preferred setup. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

have you considered the Intel i7 6800k? It is a 6 core, so it would be better for CPU based rendering.

To be honest, im not a techie kind a guy. i always read here at LTT, and I think this is the best forum to ask questions about pc builds, so here i am. haha sorry. uhmm if its okay with you, can you give me a fully functional build. i mean with all the pc components (ram, mobo, etc.) thank you sorry english is not my first language

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

have you considered the Intel i7 6800k? It is a 6 core, so it would be better for CPU based rendering. Also are you sure about the 1tb ssd? I have 1tb of ssd storage, and it is drastically overkill. A 500gb ssd + 3 tb hdd is ussually the preferred setup. 

Revit and Gaming rely heavily on single-core performance, or I would have recommended a 1700. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CPsZxr

Get all these components, except replace the 250GB 850 EVO with a 500GB one and an additional 4TB hard drive.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Is he a Fanboy of Intel? If not, do you think he can consider a Ryzen 7 CPU because all legit reviews say that it dominates in number crunching or rendering and does well with gaming. 

4 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

Is he a Fanboy of Intel? If not, do you think he can consider a Ryzen 7 CPU because all legit reviews say that it dominates in number crunching or rendering and does well with gaming. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BGHbxY check this out, I go with Ryzen because he's not just gaming. 

4 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BGHbxY check this out, I go with Ryzen because he's not just gaming. 

9 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

I disagree. As I said in my post above, Revit and Gaming rely heavily on single-core performance, or I would have recommended a 1700. 

The only area where Ryzen would win would be in rendering, which would be a minor part of the workflow. The gains elsewhere offput the gains here.

As much as I wish R7 CPUs dominated in Single Core performance, that simply isn't the case. R5 may be a different story, but that is not guaranteed for another month or so, and isn't in any way guaranteed. For business workflow, you also don't want any bugs a new platform would bring. Time is money and most don't have the money to throw away finding solutions to things that should have been non-issues.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

A 1TB SSD is very overkill I suggest 256-512GB SSD and a 3TB HDD for other parts I can suggest the hyper 212 Evo or BETTER for CPU cooling, Asus prime z270-p for motherboard, at least 16GB of DDR4 ram, EVGA supernova 850 B2 for a PSU, The case is something you have to look for that can fit everything inside.

6 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

I disagree. As I said in my post above, Revit and Gaming rely heavily on single-core performance, or I would have recommended a 1700. 

The only area where Ryzen would win would be in rendering, which would be a minor part of the workflow. The gains elsewhere offput the gains here.

As much as I wish R7 CPUs dominated in Single Core performance, that simply isn't the case. R5 may be a different story, but that is not guaranteed for another month or so, and isn't in any way guaranteed. For business workflow, you also don't want any bugs a new platform would bring. Time is money and most don't have the money to throw away finding solutions to things that should have been non-issues.

My bad, just focused on rendering as it will benefit with more cores. I am also expecting that AMD can sort out the bugs with their new platform. 

Thank you guys for the quick replies. I really appreciate it! great community!

Just now, KeemoSabe said:

My bad, just focused on rendering as it will benefit with more cores. I am also expecting that AMD can sort out the bugs with their new platform. 

I am as well, but the question is how long? From there you are playing a guessing game, which is heavily frowned upon in businesses. Skylake is a far more proven system and is a refresh of the 6000 series CPUs. The likelihood of errors is far lower. The gain between having one now and having one later also is a benefit towards Skylake. Opportunity costs are difficult to rectify in the real world, and often are unpopular with yourself and others. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($326.88 @ OutletPC) slightly weaker in games but far better than the 7700k for rendering.
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T50 AXE (Black) 62.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.99 @ Directron) order the mounts from enermax's website.
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.98 @ Directron) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Intel 600p Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($108.89 @ OutletPC) a 1tb ssd seems overkill, this should be more than enough.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($504.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($504.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2002.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-17 03:57 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W