Ryzen Matx Xfire question (mobo Mortar Artic matx)

So I seen this crop up this morning. I see it has two pci-e slots but some comments on that thread stated that most matx cases won't actually have room or a back case slot for the second GPU.

Can anyone name a matx case that would allow me to make use of the second pci-e slot properly? I don't intend to use any radiators and want to keep this build as small as possible without going to ITX.

6 minutes ago, t33to said:
-snip-

afaik b350 doesnt support sli

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Hrm, what would be the purpose of that second pci-e slot then?

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

its literally a colour switch of the https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-MORTAR.html#productFeature-section

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, t33to said:

expansion cards or crossfire 

Just now, t33to said:

crossfire 

all it the artic verison is, is a white version of what ive linked below

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-MORTAR.html#productFeature-section

According to AMDs slide at CES 2017, the B350 Chipset doesn't support SLI or Crossfire...AMD-AM4-Update-CES-2017-01.png

Later they revised that it does support Crossfire, but not SLI.

https://www.pcper.com/news/Motherboards/AMD-Supports-CrossFire-B350-and-X370-Chipsets-However-SLI-Limited-X370

Edited by WMGroomAK
Correction

Great! Now that we've sorted out that it does indeed support Xfire (thanks btw) is there any matx cases you guys can suggest that would actually fit the second gpu in it?

7 minutes ago, t33to said:

Great! Now that we've sorted out that it does indeed support Xfire (thanks btw) is there any matx cases you guys can suggest that would actually fit the second gpu in it?

You might look at some of Thermaltake's Core series of cases or a cube mATX case...  One of the issues I can see with this Mobo and a standard mATX tower case is that the second full length PCIe slot is at the bottom of the Mobo so a double slot card may overrun the headers on the bottom of the board or hit a PSU compartment.

14 minutes ago, t33to said:

But.. why would you want to CF when you can get a 1070, 1080 or even a 1080ti instead?

It makes no sense.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

23 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

You might look at some of Thermaltake's Core series of cases or a cube mATX case...  One of the issues I can see with this Mobo and a standard mATX tower case is that the second full length PCIe slot is at the bottom of the Mobo so a double slot card may overrun the headers on the bottom of the board or hit a PSU compartment.

Thanks, I'll check into that case and keep that in mind.

18 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

But.. why would you want to CF when you can get a 1070, 1080 or even a 1080ti instead?

It makes no sense.

Sign in GFE bullshit.

Just now, t33to said:

Sign in GFE bullshit.

You know you don't need to install GFE... actually, you SHOULDN'T install GFE, don't you?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You know you don't need to install GFE... actually, you SHOULDN'T install GFE, don't you?

No shadow play controls without GFE, or is there a way around this?

Just now, t33to said:

No shadow play controls without GFE, or is there a way around this?

True, shadowplay needs GFE. Thing is, though, shadowplay is garbage, you'd be better off using something else (say, OBS or an external capture card) for recording gameplay.

Just now, Imakuni said:

True, shadowplay needs GFE. Thing is, though, shadowplay is garbage, you'd be better off using something else (say, OBS or an external capture card) for recording gameplay.

I bought my GTX 960 just for it's Shadow Play and better drivers on linux (although I never made the switch). Do other screen capture programs have a "shadow" mode? And isn't there tremendous overhead using software vs hardware based capture? I've only got an i5-4590 in my current machine.

Just now, t33to said:

Do other screen capture programs have a "shadow" mode?

What do you mean by "shadow" mode?

1 minute ago, t33to said:

And isn't there tremendous overhead using software vs hardware based capture?

Not really. There is some overhead, but those programs are pretty well optimized. Besides, you'll have A LOT of free power available with a Zen machine.

2 minutes ago, t33to said:

I've only got an i5-4590 in my current machine.

And why does that matter? Isn't the topic supposed to be about Zen?

56 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

What do you mean by "shadow" mode?

Not really. There is some overhead, but those programs are pretty well optimized. Besides, you'll have A LOT of free power available with a Zen machine.

And why does that matter? Isn't the topic supposed to be about Zen?

Shadow mode as in "it's always recording once turned on, then when you hit the save key it immediately saves the last X minutes of game play". This way it can just be on by default and when worth while gaming moments arise you can quickly hit save.

In reference to the Intel cpu, I thought you were suggesting right now I do away with GFE and Shadowplay and use OBS. My understanding is that software recording incurs large overhead and my current CPU isn't that peppy.