Triple Monitor Setup Help

Leo_Dahlin

Will an Asus VN247H 23,6 inch + Asus VG245HE 24 inch + some random 24 inch monitor work well in Nvidia surround? All of them are 1080p and have a 16:9 aspect ratio.
And does it matter if the VG245HE is a little bit bigger than the VN247H?

Main: Gigabyte G1 980Ti, i5 6600k, MSI Z170A M5, 16GB DDR4 2666, NZXT H440, NZXT x61, EVGA 750W G2, Windows 10 

Second PC: EVGA Reference GTX 680, i7 2700k, 16GB DDR3, Corsair 300R, Corsair CX500W, Windows 10

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5750G, GT540M, i7 2630QM, 6GB DDR3, Windows 7 

As long as resolution and refresh rate are the same, it will work. Having them slightly different sizes may be annoying to you, but the software doesn't care about the physical size of the monitor, just the resolution. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

As long as resolution and refresh rate are the same, it will work. Having them slightly different sizes may be annoying to you, but the software doesn't care about the physical size of the monitor, just the resolution. 

Okay good i will be using it in a racing sim and i'm on a budget so i can't get 3 of the same monitors very easy. I don't really care about them having different sizes because i currently have a 23,6 inch monitor with two 19 inch monitors on the sides :P

Main: Gigabyte G1 980Ti, i5 6600k, MSI Z170A M5, 16GB DDR4 2666, NZXT H440, NZXT x61, EVGA 750W G2, Windows 10 

Second PC: EVGA Reference GTX 680, i7 2700k, 16GB DDR3, Corsair 300R, Corsair CX500W, Windows 10

NVIDIA surround is horrible. like its REALLY bad, i have 3 screens and sure it "works" but using it is hell, whenever you disable it it disconects atleast one but often all 3 screens and i have to reboot the system. using 3 screens without NVIDIA surround is fine though. anyway for your question, yes it will work just fine, you will be limited to 60Hz 5760x1080 if you run surround though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

NVIDIA surround is horrible. like its REALLY bad, i have 3 screens and sure it "works" but using it is hell, whenever you disable it it disconects atleast one but often all 3 screens and i have to reboot the system. using 3 screens without NVIDIA surround is fine though. anyway for your question, yes it will work just fine, you will be limited to 60Hz 5760x1080 if you run surround though

Well that's the only way to play games using 3 monitors for Nvidia right?

Just now, Leo_Dahlin said:

Well that's the only way to play games using 3 monitors for Nvidia right?

yah, but from what iv tried games will mostly have a verry messed up UI or just refuse to play at 5760x1080. if you arent going to play games like Battlefield i doubt you will have much success with it. i havent tried a lot of games seeing as i gave up on it quickly but nothing has worked properly with the resolution exept for minecraft

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah, but from what iv tried games will mostly have a verry messed up UI or just refuse to play at 5760x1080. if you arent going to play games like Battlefield i doubt you will have much success with it. i havent tried a lot of games seeing as i gave up on it quickly but nothing has worked properly with the resolution exept for minecraft

Have you tested racing games like Project Cars, Assetto Corsa or Live For Speed?

Just now, Leo_Dahlin said:

Have you tested racing games like Project Cars, Assetto Corsa or Live For Speed?

nope i dont own any of them so i havent tried, i know Project cars works fine with it though

Builds:

Spoiler

I had to use 3 of the same monitor for surround, it wouldn't work any other way for me

OAS || AAS || LLS

39 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

IIRC nvidia surround required 3 identical screens 

39 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

I had to use 3 of the same monitor for surround, it wouldn't work any other way for me

I googled and it seems like you can use different monitors. They just need to be the same resolution and refresh rate etc. I could be wrong

6 minutes ago, Leo_Dahlin said:

I googled and it seems like you can use different monitors. They just need to be the same resolution and refresh rate etc. I could be wrong

That may be, but from first hand experience I had 2 that were the same and a 3rd with the same res + refresh and it refused to work, once I had 3 of the same it worked just fine

OAS || AAS || LLS

7 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

That may be, but from first hand experience I had 2 that were the same and a 3rd with the same res + refresh and it refused to work, once I had 3 of the same it worked just fine

Okay i have tested surround with my current setup. I used my 23,6 inch with two 19 inch and surround worked, but it was stretched and stuff because of the aspect ratio i think.