Socket 1156 overclocks

So.. This is a complex one, so if you need more info don't hesitate to ask. Back in the days of 1156, which boards do you guys remember being able to get some pretty high overclocks? The only rule is it needs to be found used for a reasonable price on ebay or aliexpress. I just was't into PC builds back in the 1156 days, so I really don't know where to start.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

good luck finding one for a resonable price that isnt complete garbage in the first place tbh, LGA1156 boards are scarce

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I am still using an Asus p8z68-v

i7-2600 @4.44Ghz

16GB Fury X PC12800 Ram at 1972Mhz

MSI Gaming X GTX1070

Corsair HX850i

Samsung 840 Evo

Thermaltake Armor V60 Case

P67 boards do not support iGPU but overclock slightly better than Z68. Z68 do support iGPU and have the Intel IRST ssd disk caching feature

37 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

good luck finding one for a resonable price that isnt complete garbage in the first place tbh, LGA1156 boards are scarce

$60-$80 seems to be the going rate for these boards in the US

35 minutes ago, GTBTK said:

I am still using an Asus p8z68-v

i7-2600 @4.44Ghz

16GB Fury X PC12800 Ram at 1972Mhz

MSI Gaming X GTX1070

Corsair HX850i

Samsung 840 Evo

Thermaltake Armor V60 Case

P67 boards do not support iGPU but overclock slightly better than Z68. Z68 do support iGPU and have the Intel IRST ssd disk caching feature

That's 1155. a different beast.

12 hours ago, RGProductions said:

$60-$80 seems to be the going rate for these boards in the US

thats cheaper then they go for here, its $80 for the shit teir boards whenever they even show up

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats cheaper then they go for here, its $80 for the shit teir boards whenever they even show up

:(. here I could probably get an ASUS P55 board for around $70 if I was patient.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:11 AM, RGProductions said:

That's 1155. a different beast.

Doh! I was just home from the pub when I typed that. sorry

I ran an i7-870 on a P7P55DE-LX (ASUS) Motherboard. It was a great CPU and is still running in my brother's rig. Being a locked multiplier, I managed to comfortably hit 3.6 with some creative tricks on BCLK with very fast RAM. One time I accidentally sent it into 4.2GHZ range and it booted, but I didn't keep it running long enough to bench it as it was VERY accidental.

If I remember right, the build was something like: i7-870, P7P55DE-LX, Patriot 2133 RAM, and Corsair H50 AIO Water Cooler.

16 hours ago, f688xt6 said:

I ran an i7-870 on a P7P55DE-LX (ASUS) Motherboard. It was a great CPU and is still running in my brother's rig. Being a locked multiplier, I managed to comfortably hit 3.6 with some creative tricks on BCLK with very fast RAM. One time I accidentally sent it into 4.2GHZ range and it booted, but I didn't keep it running long enough to bench it as it was VERY accidental.

If I remember right, the build was something like: i7-870, P7P55DE-LX, Patriot 2133 RAM, and Corsair H50 AIO Water Cooler.

I'm starting to see a  trend of ASUS P55 boards here.