Corsair Vengeance 2100 or Logitech G930

Not to necro, but I feel there's important unsaid things here.

I have the Vengeance 2100 and have had them for years.

You're criticizing the positional audio phenomena and saying it's crap and got crappier, calling it a possible marketing ploy.

I couldn't disagree more.

The experience has been apparent to me from the moment I correctly configured the headset.

I was actually shocked that it wasn't a pure gimmick; even on a youtube review, I could hear that the guy was talking from behind the mic and that that's why his audio was bad.
The guesswork of these headsets is phenomenal from a Stereo Source.

When it comes to positional audio, you can't just "turn on positional audio" and expect it to work.

First of all, there's 7.1 mode and stereo mode in "Source Type". I have mine on Stereo Source constantly, and the conversion and guessing to positional audio is great.

And that's even without listening to proper 7.1 sources, using the appropriate mode.

You also gotta consider that many games do not support 7.1, or simply are not default enabled to. Configure your shit, and that includes any and all parts; Realtek drivers might interfere or switch modes, or Windows sound setups can have it wrongly configured.

Many sources are gonna be 2.0 stereo, if not most, so do your research when picking.

I hear a lot of worries about G930, which is a bad sign. Will these prevail after potential RMAs?

I have issues with my 2100's where the headset sometimes cuts the audio out completely for like 10 seconds, then it returns. It has no impact on actual audio on the PC, and it's recorded via OBS fine; it's just that I can't hear it. This issue has become very rare over time.

The headset also struggles hardcore to maintain a connection if I'm not at ideal distance or angle from the PC. If I go behind a single wall, it tends to cut completely. But sometimes, it'll stay perfectly clear.

I've got the rare issue that if I disconnect the charger when it's green (fully charged), the green charging light will stay on and the entire headset basically won't respond or turn on. I have to wait a veeeery long while, and when the green light is finally off, I can charge and turn it on just fine. Maybe it has to run out of battery and shut itself off.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/c/diablonar

https://twitter.com/Diablonar

Yes I watch anime. And stream to YouTube.