Corsair Vengeance 2100 or Logitech G930

Hello! I just can't decide between the Corsair Vengeance 2100 and the Logitch G930. If you own either, what would you recommend. Or if you don't, which would you choose?

Corsair Vengeance 2100: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Wireless-Headset-V2100/dp/B00EXPNFUA

Logitech G930: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY

I would honestly get some headphones and a mic. I've used both and own a G930 myself, any good headphones leave all headsets not even coming close.

Spoiler

Not sure you should buy a wireless gaming headset. But get the 930 instead, it's cheaper now and I'm not sure they have that much of a different in sound quality.

I would honestly get some headphones and a mic. I've used both and own a G930 myself, any good headphones leave all headsets not even coming close.

I'd like it all in one so that I can move around my room and still talk to people

Neither.

credit: @h264

post-7799-0-05328100-1378325794.png

I've been wanting to buy Audio-Technica ATH-M50's for a while now, but I am looking for wireless headsets. I'm more concerned with the wireless part than the sound quality.

Go with the Logitech G930 i have the older version of the corsair 2100 and honestly they are not the best and the 2100 are pretty much the same... I have used both and the Logitech just seems better for the price... I also swear by corsair so it has to mean something..

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

The G930 is great at first, but after a while it can start to get pretty annoying. Connection loss, won't charge, battery breaking, surround not working, and poor build quality just to name a few. Wireless also may seem cool at first, but be honest with yourself, how often are you walking around your house talking to your friends? It also probably won't reach that far in your house anyway. I get quality issues once I go down one floor. Flat out doesn't work in my living room. I think you should get the ATHM50s.

Spoiler

The G930 is great at first, but after a while it can start to get pretty annoying. Connection loss, won't charge, battery breaking, surround not working, and poor build quality just to name a few. Wireless also may seem cool at first, but be honest with yourself, how often are you walking around your house talking to your friends? It also probably won't reach that far in your house anyway. I get quality issues once I go down one floor. Flat out doesn't work in my living room. I think you should get the ATHM50s.

I know of a streamer who has them and he walks around his house and talks to his stream and has had them for years.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

I believe that the G930 has a 2 year warrenty, so if those problems arise, I would hope that would cover it. As for the wireless, I do have a few uses for it. As I already mentioned, listening to music/talking to people around the house would be nice. But besides that, I very often run over my headphone wire with my office chair. I also often get up and start walking before taking my headphones off. Seems like wireless would make a good fit.

Also, with the probelms you mentioned about not charging and loosing connection. Were you able to fix that, or was it broken forever?

Headsets to the Peripherals sub-forum. Unless you hate sound, get real heaphones and a mic. 

Headsets to the Peripherals sub-forum. Unless you hate sound, get real heaphones and a mic.

I'm pretty sure I am in the correct subform. It says "Sound Cards, Headphones, Speakers, Etc." Perihperals says Keyboards, Mice, Mousepads, Etc. And just because they are a "gaming headset" does not mean that I hate sound. Unless I am producing high quality music, it should work fine.

I'm pretty sure I am in the correct subform. It says "Sound Cards, Headphones, Speakers, Etc." Perihperals says Keyboards, Mice, Mousepads, Etc. And just because they are a "gaming headset" does not mean that I hate sound. Unless I am producing high quality music, it should work fine.

Headsets aren't headphones, and they are a butchery of sound. They don't belong in a sub-forum dedicated to reproducing sound properly.

Headsets aren't headphones, and they are a butchery of sound. They don't belong in a sub-forum dedicated to reproducing sound properly.

You are not being helpful.

You are not being helpful.

Want me to be? Because I could be, but if you want a headset, take it to the people that like headsets, not to the people that love music and the proper recreation there of.

Want me to be? Because I could be, but if you want a headset, take it to the people that like headsets, not to the people that love music and the proper recreation there of.

The subform is for "Audio" not "Perfect Recreation of Sophisticated Audio". I respect that you like perfect audio, but I do not care that much about it myself. But both discussions belong in the same subforum.

The subform is for "Audio" not "Perfect Recreation of Sophisticated Audio". I respect that you like perfect audio, but I do not care that much about it myself. But both discussions belong in the same subforum.

And thats why this is an audio sub-forum, dedicated to audio. Not the butchery of audio. Even game audio deserves to be recreated properly. 

People that want to purchase a headset should take their peripherals to the Peripherals sub-forum, where they will get the help that want, instead of getting no help from people that care about sound even when the buyer does not. Because in the end, even a cheaper headphone and mic combo will be miles and miles better then even the best headset out there. Cold. Hard. Fact.  

having gone through 5 corsair vengeance 2000 headsets I think I have tested a good sample size to make generalizations on the product. 

they break. hopefully the 2100 refresh solves this issue. 

but the wireless functions pretty well flawlessly for me. I can put the corsair next to my wireless router with no interference and the only interference I ever got was when standing next to a running microwave.

there are a couple dead spots in my house 1 in my kitchen the other in my laundry room. notice the 2 places with large metal objects. and the dead spots are like 1 foot cubed spots in distinct areas. the rest of the kitchen and laundry room are just fine. the range of the wireless is as advertised. 

also as advertised the battery lasts around 8-10 hours of use and sadly I have gone through marathon sessions putting these to the test at around 5-10 minutes of battery left it gives an audible beep... plenty of time to sit closer to my usb hub and plug in the headset during my game session without missing a beat. 

for fps games the headset is way too vague. to get positional queues and it suffers from the traditional gaming sound signature big bass muddy mids. 

having gone through 5 corsair vengeance 2000 headsets I think I have tested a good sample size to make generalizations on the product. 

they break. hopefully the 2100 refresh solves this issue. 

but the wireless functions pretty well flawlessly for me. I can put the corsair next to my wireless router with no interference and the only interference I ever got was when standing next to a running microwave.

there are a couple dead spots in my house 1 in my kitchen the other in my laundry room. notice the 2 places with large metal objects. and the dead spots are like 1 foot cubed spots in distinct areas. the rest of the kitchen and laundry room are just fine. the range of the wireless is as advertised. 

also as advertised the battery lasts around 8-10 hours of use and sadly I have gone through marathon sessions putting these to the test at around 5-10 minutes of battery left it gives an audible beep... plenty of time to sit closer to my usb hub and plug in the headset during my game session without missing a beat. 

for fps games the headset is way too vague. to get positional queues and it suffers from the traditional gaming sound signature big bass muddy mids.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like the Logitech ones are the better of the 2 from what I've read.

I would also think the logitech suffers from the same vague positional queues and of course the big bass and muddy mids. 

others would say they are fine for positional sounds and state that it has 7.1 virtual audio. in response I would probably have said the same thing about the corsair before I bought an audio technica ad700 headphone. after listening to a proper headphone tuned for soundstage no gaming grade headset can compare. and I strongly suspect the logitech fares the same as well. 

I would also think the logitech suffers from the same vague positional queues and of course the big bass and muddy mids.

others would say they are fine for positional sounds and state that it has 7.1 virtual audio. in response I would probably have said the same thing about the corsair before I bought an audio technica ad700 headphone. after listening to a proper headphone tuned for soundstage no gaming grade headset can compare. and I strongly suspect the logitech fares the same as well.

I already have headphones for music, so lesser sound quality is OK for what I'd be using this pair for.

Not to open a wound, but like it or not, the typical gaming headset is a peripheral. Just me being an OCD organization freak.

Just get 2100, its way better.

Intel 3570k/ASRock Z77 extreme4/Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3/ASUS GTX 660 DirectCU2 OC two way SLI/Corsair CX750W/Corsair Hydro H80i/2TB Western Digital/120GB Agility3 SATA3/Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid Tower/Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 wireless/Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red /Logitech G500// Did I miss something?

Just thought I may as well redistribute what I just posted in another thread :)

100-150£ is more than enough for a headphone+cheap mic combo  :)

Some CLOSED options (wouldn't really recommend but it's an option): 

-Audio Technica M50 + Zalman clip on mic - Pretty uncomfy for me personally (lots of clamp) but sound good with most music at this price point.

-DT770 PRO + Zalman clip on mic - Very comfy, crazy sub-bass, would be a good choice if you wanted closed.

-Ultrasone HFI-580 + Zalman clip on mic - Mixed reviews on comfort, and sound quality is supposedly different from person to person because of s-logic.

Some OPEN options (would recommend these more):

-DT990 PRO + Zalman clip on mic (perhaps later get a Fiio e10, not essential though) - Comfy, good soundstage, suited to Rock and EDM, will be fine for inbetween too.

-Grado SR80i + Zalman clip on mic - Best for rock music, might be slightly uncomfy for long gaming sessions though... :/

-ATH-AD700 + Zalman clip on mic - Less bass, so not perfectly suites to EDM (will still sound good though), and has amazing positioning/soundstage along with being comfy.

-AKG K240 + Zalman clip on mic - Again not so much bass, but good positional qualities and will be in between m50 and dt990 comfy.

and just for ShearMe - Pioneer SE-A1000 + Zalman clip on mid - no idea on how they sound or how comfy  :D

In the future, the purchase of a Fiio E10 will benefit all of the headphones here, but is not essential.

Thanks,

You said you already have headphones for music, if so, just add a zalman clip on :P

EDIT: Just saw that you really wanted the wireless feature. I personally would highly recommend not to go this route, although if you really wanted to, i've heard sennheiser do some decent wireless headphones but they come at a premium.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

• 1 month later...

I just bought the Corsair 2100s. Initially I bought the Turtle Beach Z6As, a wired gaming headset that was supposed to give decent surround sound for tactical gaming and to be better for music than your average gaming headset. Didn't like the wires and my old Turtle Beach X41s wireless Xbox 360 headset reproduces music better than the wired Z6As.

Anyway back to my 2100 experience. In game audio for BF4 and Far Cry 3 sounds great, I can't say I can easily pinpoint sound direction, but I think they maybe just me or this whole Dolby 5.0 or 7.1 tactical sound cue spatial location thing is just marketing, never worked for me on any headset. The build feels solid and they are comfy, mic sounds good. Music sounds better than the Z6As.

I live in a 2 bedroom 80 sq. meter flat, the wireless footprint covers about 70% of my flat, but then the internal walls are made of brick not plasterboard.

I'm happy with the purchase except for one major problem, once I install the drivers I can't access them again although they seem to be working properly so I can't reconfigure them for music on the fly. Contacted Corsair, so far they are ignoring me despite promising an answer within 1 business day, Let me know if you have any specific question.

, once I install the drivers I can't access them again although they seem to be working properly so I can't reconfigure them for music on the fly. Contacted Corsair, so far they are ignoring me despite promising an answer within 1 business day, Let me know if you have any specific question.

yes the headset is pretty shitty for positional audio. and gets shittier with EAX and Dolby headphone "7.1"

try the old vanilla drivers the version 1 with EAX instead of the dolby refresh. I remember I lost the EQ and driver interface when I switched to windows 8 doing something different made it appear again when I messed around with the different drivers.