g2a first time buyer

xdeathshot20

so im about to buy both cod black ops 3 and doom off of g2a.  i have a few questions before i do this.  one, is it safe?  i know that these games are really cheap and i just wana make sure that if i purchase these games, that there gonna work and i dont have to worry about anything happening.  also for example if i buy COD, will i be able to access in steam?  the reason why im getting the game is to be able to play custom zombies and the only way to get those maps is through the steam workshop so i just wana make sure that if i get the game ill be able to play those maps off of steam.  thanks

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

If it says "steam" in the title, you can only play it via steam

Also check the region, if it says "global" in the title, it should work for everyone, if it's for other regions than your own, you can't activate it in steam

G2a is like ebay for game keys, you can get scammed. You can activate g2a shield for 3$ (it was 1 before, argh) to make sure he can't scam you, but if the seller has a 99% rating or something he is usually not going to scam you

The black ops 3 keys doesn't really seem that cheap though with 1 seller setting the prices, unless you are buying for xbox 360, I would just wait for there to be a sale on GMG or something, it's usually cheaper there since G2A just buys keys from where its cheapest and then adds a dollar or two

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

5 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

so im about to buy both cod black ops 3 and doom off of g2a.  i have a few questions before i do this.  one, is it safe?  i know that these games are really cheap and i just wana make sure that if i purchase these games, that there gonna work and i dont have to worry about anything happening.  also for example if i buy COD, will i be able to access in steam?  the reason why im getting the game is to be able to play custom zombies and the only way to get those maps is through the steam workshop so i just wana make sure that if i get the game ill be able to play those maps off of steam.  thanks

bought about 8 games off G2A, never had a problem with them. you get a code to your email and you activate it through steam.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

You will have to make sure that it is a steam download key you are buying, if so you should be fine with accessing the workshop. Also will need to make sure the version of the game is not region locked.

1 minute ago, rossfindlay1997 said:

You will have to make sure that it is a steam download key you are buying, if so you should be fine with accessing the workshop. Also will need to make sure the version of the game is not region locked.

this is the copy of black ops 3 that im buying

https://www.g2a.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-nuk3town-steam-cd-key-global.html

and here is doom

https://www.g2a.com/doom-steam-cd-key-preorder-global.html

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

This post will probably be deleted, but honestly, you're better off pirating than buying from G2a/Kinguin/other marketplaces. These marketplaces are filled with illegal keys, which can end up hurting the game studio (this is more of an issue with indie studios than AAA studios, but the point is still valid) far more than just pirating their game would. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

This post will probably be deleted, but honestly, you're better off pirating than buying from G2a/Kinguin/other marketplaces. These marketplaces are filled with illegal keys, which can end up hurting the game studio (this is more of an issue with indie studios than AAA studios, but the point is still valid) far more than just pirating their game would. 

What absolute non sense - its like saying stealing someones car is better for them than them selling it for a reduced priced!!

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Those keys seem fine, i have never bought anything from any of these sites myself but i have heard horror stories of people receiving keys that are not valid. up to you if the price is right then go for it 

6 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

What absolute non sense - its like saying stealing someones car is better for them than them selling it for a reduced priced!!

The game studio doesn't make any money from a seller who acquired a key illegally (free) and then sells it on G2a. BUT, they do often end up responsible to pay some fee (e.g. chargeback fees, processing fees, etc...). 

Oh, and to make your analogy more accurate, pirating is like making a copy of someone's car and then selling the copy. Buying from G2a is like stealing the car from that person, selling it, and then making that person pay a fee to get it back. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 2017-03-10 at 10:48 PM, djdwosk97 said:

I think that is up for him to decide, banning the topic and letting him get scammed trying to buy things on g2a on his own however is not something I can't stand behind

The game studio doesn't make any money from a seller who acquired a key illegally (free) and then sells it on G2a. BUT, they do often end up responsible to pay some fee (i.e. chargeback fees). 

Oh, and to make your analogy more accurate, pirating is like making a copy of someone's car and then selling the copy. Buying from G2a is like stealing the car from that person, selling it, and then making that person pay a fee to get it back. 

Not all keys are illegal, a minority are. You're just tarring the whole thing with that perception. So no, it is like stealing their car, you stole it instead of buying it, that's what pirating is, you're stealing. Some of those keys are genuine keys in which the programmer/maker has had royalties/payments etc, they get nothing/zero when you pirate

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

I think that is up for him to decide, banning the topic and letting him get scammed trying to buy things on g2a on his own however is not something I can stand behind

This he meant his reply, not the post

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Not all keys are illegal, a minority are. You're just tarring the whole thing with that perception. So no, it is like stealing their car, you stole it instead of buying it, that's what pirating is, you're stealing. Some of those keys are genuine keys in which the programmer/maker has had royalties/payments etc, they get nothing/zero when you pirate

If you think the majority of keys on G2a are legal then you're deluding yourself. Yes, I frequently go out and spend thousands of dollars on a product simply to resell it for a couple hundred. 

Surely some are legal and some are acquired through various bundles, but there's no chance it's the majority.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

If you think the majority of keys on G2a are legal then you're deluding yourself. Yes, I frequently go out and spend thousands of dollars on a product simply to resell it for a couple hundred. 

My point stands - some are legal, piracy never generates any income - zero/nadder/nothing  - Which is why such sites are still open and piracy is .... well..... illegal

Ryzen Ram Guide

so i just made the purchase and it worked there both on steam and ready to be downloaded

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

My point stands - some are legal, piracy never generates any income - zero/nadder/nothing

Zero dollars is still better than having to pay chargeback/processing fees on a payment that was cancelled or customers who end up upset (with the studio, not g2a) when their game gets taken away. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

$0 is still better than having to pay chargeback/processing fees on a payment that was cancelled. 

Piracy is illegal, G2A/Kinguin isn't - you can dress it up how you like - you're wrong

Ryzen Ram Guide

Piracy is illegal, G2A/Kinguin isn't - you can dress it up how you like - you're wrong

Buying stolen goods is also illegal. Just a heads up. 

Oh, and classic goal post shifting, the LTT way. 

@Misanthrope :)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Buying stolen goods is also illegal. Just a heads up. 

Oh, and classic goal post shifting, the LTT way. 

@Misanthrope :)

knowingly buying stolen goods is. No one is going to arrest you/charge from buying from an authorised website - that would just be funny if they tried - that's even if the key is stolen, which I seriously doubt in the OP's case - they're just old games.

Piracy - You know what you're doing, it's illegal - please go on trying to justify to me why it's better to carry out an illegal action and risk prosecution to avoid zero action in a legal purchase

I also didn't move any posts - I said that piracy generates zero income and it's illegal - my point hasn't changed. You're basing your view on limited cases - I'm pretty sure if what you said happened in the "majority" of cases, then those sites would be closed based upon customer complaints alone. Also, G2A offers the shield for pence, ive used it once for a key that didn't work/wasn't recognised - I got a new key within the hour - I didn't need to go find another download link to pirate/steal the game

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

knowingly buying stolen goods is. No one is going to arrest you/charge from buying from an authorised website - that would just be funny if they tried - that's even if the key is stolen, which I seriously doubt in the OP's case - they're just old games.

Piracy - You know what you're doing, it's illegal - please go on trying to justify to me why it's better to carry out an illegal action and risk prosecution to avoid zero action in a legal purchase

When you can't win one argument, shift the argument in another direction. You should be a politician. 

Oh, and no one is going to arrest you for pirating a game either. Old or new, doesn't matter. These marketplaces are full of stolen keys regardless of when the game was released. 

Yes, piracy might be illegal, but it still hurts the studios/source of the keys less. At least then they don't have to pay chargeback or processing fees on keys that they never made any money on in the first place. Nor do people get upset with the studio when their key gets revoked. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

When you can't win one argument, shift the argument in another direction. You should be a politician. 

Oh, and no one is going to arrest you for pirating a game either. Old or new, doesn't matter. These marketplaces are full of stolen keys regardless of when the game was released. 

Yes, piracy might be illegal, but it still hurts the studios/source of the keys less. At least then they don't have to pay chargeback or processing fees on keys that they never made any money on in the first place. Nor do people get upset with the studio when their key gets revoked. 

We're having the same argument?? I'm still saying its better than piracy and giving reasons why ??

Ryzen Ram Guide

We're having the same argument?? I'm still saying its better than piracy and giving reasons why ??

You were originally saying that it doesn't make any sense for game sales to net studios less money than piracy. Then to piracy is bad/illegal. 

You're sole basis of it being better than piracy is that the latter is illegal (which it isn't in all places), and buying stolen goods is equally illegal. But your ignoring the fact that G2a has a problem with selling stolen keys -- which could eventually get revoked AND which don't net the studio any money either (but they do support scammers and G2a). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

You were originally saying that it doesn't make any sense for game sales to net studios less money than piracy. Then to piracy is bad/illegal. 

You're sole basis of it being better than piracy is that the latter is illegal (which it isn't in all places), and buying stolen goods is equally illegal. But your ignoring the fact that G2a has a problem with selling stolen keys -- which could eventually get revoked AND which don't net the studio any money either (but they do support scammers and G2a). 

We we're still talking about G2A vs Piracy - just to be clear? Cause that's what we started on - apparently I moved the posts - figured maybe we're now talking about AMD vs Nvidia ...

I'm carrying on with my reasons why buying from G2A is better than piracy - I think you entered your own discussion where I was only allowed to reference g2a thief's - which are probably the same people pirating!!

Ryzen Ram Guide

It's important to consider that G2A has been cleaning up their game recently by trying to minimise the number of illegal keys and allowing devs to sell their own official keys directly on G2A. This, in addition with the steam key banning feature I believe they added a while ago has as far as I can see made illegal keys rare to none, since when costumers get thier keys banned on steam, they complain to G2A which forces the seller to pay up and loose reputation. Sure, this doesn't repay the devs, but it does make sure that none of the top key sellers that most people always buy from can't afford to sell illegal keys due to their loss reputation and money, and so far it seems like it has worked overall since I haven't seen any more devs complaining about it