g2a first time buyer

xdeathshot20
2 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

It's important to consider that G2A has been cleaning up their game recently by trying to minimise the number of illegal keys and allowing devs to sell their own official keys directly on G2A. This, in addition with the steam key banning feature I believe they added a while ago has as far as I can see made illegal keys rare to none, since when costumers get thier keys banned on steam, they complain to G2A which forces the seller to pay up and loose reputation. Sure, this doesn't repay the devs, but it does make sure that none of the top key sellers that most people always buy from can't afford to sell illegal keys due to their loss reputation and money, and so far it seems like it has worked overall since I haven't seen any more devs complaining about it

It's ok, just pirate, it's so much better for the devs :/

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

6 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

It's important to consider that G2A has been cleaning up their game recently by trying to minimise the number of illegal keys and allowing devs to sell their own official keys directly on G2A. This, in addition with the steam key banning feature I believe they added a while ago has as far as I can see made illegal keys rare to none, since when costumers get thier keys banned on steam, they complain to G2A which forces the seller to pay up and loose reputation. Sure, this doesn't repay the devs, but it does make sure that none of the top key sellers that most people always buy from can't afford to sell illegal keys due to their loss reputation and money, and so far it seems like it has worked overall since I haven't seen any more devs complaining about it

If I recall correctly, there was an AMA recently (since that thread was posted), where a seller basically called bullshit on their new techniques to prevent the sale of illegal keys (and ended up succeeding in bypassing their preventive measure and only getting his account locked after he told a G2a representative what he did).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

If I recall correctly, there was an AMA recently (since that thread was posted), where a seller basically called bullshit on their new techniques to prevent the sale of illegal keys (and ended up succeeding in bypassing their preventive measure and only getting his account locked after he told a G2a representative what he did).

But wouldn't the costumers complain after they got their keys removed by steam to the seller, making him repay the customer? Perhaps he didn't wait long enough for steam to remove the game from their library? Or maybe they just don't do that for every game? I'm not really sure, no developer seems to be complaining about it as far as I know, if it still was such a widespread problem, why wouldn't they at least talk about it like tiny build did?

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

25 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I did see this on reddit I think - Apparently theyre supposed to do some validations for new listings - which they did, but not every listing is validated. The guy then added some stolen keys, told G2A that he had done it, then bitched when they froze his account (and funds) but still allowed him to add keys. Now the first part is good, they froze his funds, so if the keys were actually stolen, they refunds would come from him (not as you said from the devs - not saying that doesn't happen, I'm just referring to this case) but he should have been blocked as a seller by account and IP - I don't know how this would be controlled.

However again, this is down to the people selling on the site, rather than the site itself. I bet a shit tonne of stolen stuff is sold on ebay - doesn't mean it all is and it's kind of hard to control from a website perspective.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Hello Everyone, 

I believe here is one hard topic :) 

At first, you need to understand that we are a marketplace just like eBay, that is not so simple to manage such place without in honest people trying to overuse such place for some shady practices. That is why we have set numerous of solutions to protect our customers. As well filters that help us block such auctions. In the worst scenario, you still have our support that will help you if something sinister will happen.

Of course every day we found other ways to make our marketplace more and more friendly for customers, like offers that you can buy directly from developers, g2a deals that are from developers, or visible feedback from other customers that should help find the best sellers,  and much more. Sadly I may not give details how our security works. 

And even if you will not feel that it is not enough you may add g2a shield insurance to order, that will help protect your order or simplest solution even invented seller may not pay out funds for 14 days after selling a product so everyone should have time to contact us and block profit for such person.  Please message us at helpdesk@g2a.com in case any further concerns! We are there to help

Best,

Max G2A Team

56 minutes ago, G2A_Team said:

At first, you need to understand that we are a marketplace just like eBay,

No, you absolutely are not "just like Ebay." Ebay doesn't allow the sale of digital goods that the seller does not own the rights to, or that they haven't obtained explicit permission from the publisher to resell.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

On 3/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, noisebomb44 said:

Also check the region, if it says "global" in the title, it should work for everyone, if it's for other regions than your own, you can't activate it in steam

Not necessarily. Depends on the region. I live in Canada and have activated "EU" keys from G2A and Kinguin