PSU Problem .

GrimReapez
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

The Cooler Master V750 is excellent.

But I don't think the EVGA power supply is causing this issue. It's mediocre quality but I don't see how it would affect the GPU temperature noticeably.

So i recently bought a new PSU EVGA SuperNovaNex650G , I just yesterday had it installed for my build,  and my GPU Temp Skyrocketed into the air , reaching 90 to 97C ,

Originaly i had a Off Brand PSU 800w, Which even under high loads for my GPU was around 80 to 82c and Usally Standing on 59C when not under stress,

I posted on the fourms to find out which PSU i needed , and i got a great response , but unfortunately after purchasing and reciveing my new PSU , i logged on only to find out i was told the wrong model,

Sadly i can not return the thing because of some of the things i did to the box ,  that nulified the return policy, so im just gonna resell it to Craiglist or Something.

This is my Build,

Case= RaidMax Horus ATX

CPU = Intel I5-4590 3.30 GHz (4Cores)

PSU = 650w SuperNovaNexG EVGA

RAM = 16Gb GSKILL

MotherBoard = Z87-GD65 GAMING

HardDrive = WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB , 2 Years old.

Monitor = Hp Pavilion 22bw 60Hz

I have found this PSU being sold by a local ad on Craiglist ,  Cooler Master 750V Semi-Modular, Is this a good replacement for the New PSU i have purchased?

Any info would be great!

Edited by GrimReapez
Forgot to include ATX case

But I don't think the EVGA power supply is causing this issue. It's mediocre quality but I don't see how it would affect the GPU temperature noticeably.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

People are telling me the Nex Version ifs verry cheaply made and that it wont deliver the power i need for my buiild , and what do u think the problem is with my gpu , would not having enough power supplying to the GPU increase the temp , this only started happening after i switched my PSU.

The Nex model is pretty weak, but even if it went bad (which it shouldn't until after a couple years) it shouldn't increase the GPU temperatures.

It's a good question what else could be causing the higher temps though. I can only think of little things like if you unplugged a case fan and forgot to plug it back in afterwards.

And it's not like getting rid of the EVGA Nex is a bad thing. I just hope you don't end up having spent more money without fixing the problem.

5 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

People are telling me the Nex Version ifs verry cheaply made and that it wont deliver the power i need for my buiild , and what do u think the problem is with my gpu , would not having enough power supplying to the GPU increase the temp , this only started happening after i switched my PSU.

No, if anything it would lower the clockspeed, but if your PSU really isn't powerful enough it just wouldn't work. Anyway, 650W is enough for that system.

Are you sure all your fans are still plugged in, or maybe something else changed, like the orientation of your power supply, or maybe a cable stuck in a fan or something?

Does you mum know you're here?

I will get back on it then , gonna open my pc and see if anything i did is in my part , will only take a few , and ill come back to see if the problem is still occuring or solved.