Are these parts compatible together

Im trying to buy these parts to build a new pc and I was wondering if these are all compatible with eachother.  I have a ibuypower WA502i case I am planning on gutting it out and keeping the processor which is an i7 6700 with stock cooler or hyper 212 

Capture.JPG

Yes they should be. 

Though perhaps you want to go for a slightly less powerful PSU and with a better rating.

My 212 came with thermal compound in the box yours should aswell.

I recommend checking if everything fits in the case you have (mainly GPU lengt and CPU cooler height) I'm sorry not going to check all the measurements for you but its a easy thing just takes time.

I goofed you wrote what CPU you have and its a lga1151 so it works with the mobo.

Edited by NLD1st

change the psu, it isn't good. a seasonic s12ii 520w will be better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

10 hours ago, NLD1st said:

Yes they should be. 

Though perhaps you want to go for a slightly less powerful PSU and with a better rating.

My 212 came with thermal compound in the box yours should aswell.

I recommend checking if everything fits in the case you have (mainly GPU lengt and CPU cooler height) I'm sorry not going to check all the measurements for you but its a easy thing just takes time.

I goofed you wrote what CPU you have and its a lga1151 so it works with the mobo.

so is everything good I mesured my case and the gpu will fit if i take out the harddrive rack. can I use the power supply that I am planning on buying. I know its overkill for a psu

On 3/10/2017 at 10:39 PM, StrixxTV said:

so is everything good I mesured my case and the gpu will fit if i take out the harddrive rack. can I use the power supply that I am planning on buying. I know its overkill for a psu

Yes you can. Though I am inclined to agree with @herman mcpootis .

I would really recommend a lower wattage like 520 watt or if you want headroom for dual GPU 650 watt.

Preferably with a higher efficiency it will use less power in the end thus saving the environment a little and on you energy bill.

• 2 weeks later...

You need a CPU as well :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, StrixxTV said:

either one should be fine, just get whichever is cheaper or get the one you like more.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, StrixxTV said:

Get the one listed above, this has some cooling issues.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Which were addressed and rectified in 2016 so all future production has the fix.

so which one should I get?

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Which were addressed and rectified in 2016 so all future production has the fix.

Yes, but the VRM cooling solution still isn't amazing.... 

8 minutes ago, StrixxTV said:

so which one should I get?

They are both 1080s and can achieve the same results. Its completely personal preference based on appearance. for example I prefer the evga over the msi but it won't matter either way.

EDIT: You are over complicating compatibility. Most things are to agreed standards and will just fit. The things to pay attention to: (in general not just yourself)

- Motherboard needs to fit in case so size (ATX, mATX and mini ITX) is important.

- Cpu has to fit the socket on the motherboard.

- Cpu cooler has to fit the motherboard AND have case clearance.

- Appropriate RAM generation, less of an issue now that all current gen hardware is DDR4.

- Will your case fit an ATX psu

The rest like psu wattage and graphics cards are plug and play. Like I said pcpartpicker is an excellent resource and will do this for you.

Another thing is is my powersupply compatible with both?

Just now, StrixxTV said:

Another thing is is my powersupply compatible with both?

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

They are both 1080s and can achieve the same results. Its completely personal preference based on appearance. for example I prefer the evga over the msi but it won't matter either way.

like do they have the right connectors

Just now, tom_w141 said:

explained in my edit see above.

Though I do wonder why someone Called Strixx hasn't considered an ASUS Strix GPU :) seems like a no brainer to me.

:D I don't have the budget for one atm or I would buy it for sure