Hosted Mining Contracts

Came accross this:

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-gh-cloud-hosted-bitcoin-hashing-power.html

And I was wondering if it would be worth it, it costs $10.83 for a 12 month contract, I worked out using http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ that it will make $116.8 a year, so $0.32 a day.

I'm very tempted by this and I want to know other people's opinions before I go and pre-order it.

That sounds beast

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

You can try it, but I wouldn't spend much on Butterfly Labs pre-orders. By The time you'll get it it won't make any money for you. Also there's no real photo of the miner, maybe it's just in the early stages of making. The card in the picture is just a 3d render and those servers probably are just regular servers.

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

You can try it, but I wouldn't spend much on Butterfly Labs pre-orders. By The time you'll get it it won't make any money for you. Also there's no real photo of the miner, maybe it's just in the early stages of making. The card in the picture is just a 3d render and those servers probably are just regular servers.

It says they're using those new PCI cards they've made for data centres.

Yes, but why don't they put up any actual pictures of the card? I mean if it exists why use 3D render of the card instead of an actual picture?

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

They don't have amazing history of pre-orders: http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-finally-ships-out-last-years-jalapeno-orders/ It's probably still worth trying, but I wouldn't spend too much on it.

Did you count the difficulty increase?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Did you count the difficulty increase?

I worked it on the current difficulty, but it will still make profit

I would recommend avoiding butterfly labs at all costs. Their recent history hasn't shown anything promising, in addition to delays, poor $ per hash, and customer complaints they show no sign of signs of changing.

Why would a company share their profits with you? By selling shares of their ASIC's they are cutting into their own profit margins. I don't see what incentive a company has to do such a thing.

As for $10 per G/hash, that's not too bad, but it's not great by any stretch of the imagination.

Give this a read http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

If you read the BLF specs, you will read these interesting lines.

"This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet live. "

"mining contracts are activated according to placement in the order queue, and initialization may take 3 months or more after order."

Last time they had similar info, it took over a year for people to receive anything. They are not a reputable company.

I worked it on the current difficulty, but it will still make profit

You cannot go by todays difficulty. In the past two months with 4 difficulty changes (roughly every 2 weeks) each time the difficulty has jumped up an average of 36%. Whatever you are using to estimate take into consideration that within one and a half month the difficulty could more than double unexpectedly.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I would recommend avoiding butterfly labs at all costs. Their recent history hasn't shown anything promising, in addition to delays, poor $ per hash, and customer complaints they show no sign of signs of changing.

Why would a company share their profits with you? By selling shares of their ASIC's they are cutting into their own profit margins. I don't see what incentive a company has to do such a thing.

The idea of hosting is to get more people into bitcoins. Without people using bitcoin there will be no market and that means no profits.

Edited by Braysive

go for it, just don't spend to much in case as mentioned before it turns out that you loose that money