Choking on PC assembly

Syphno

Its time" The parts are all here and the spotlight is shining down on them as I can feel excitement running threw my fingertips as I finally prepare to start putting together this streaming/ gaming setup. Then It hit me, FEAR! I've never build a PC before and to be quite honest I am pretty nervous as I do not want to screw anything up. LOTS OF WIRES MAN. Does anyone have a step by step guide? How should I mount my fans? Hell my CPU didn't even come with a stock cooler so I cant even run a boot test.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rm8Pcc

IMG_0511.JPG

Search YouTube. "How to build a PC"

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

There's 100's of builds on youtube, you can use multiple if one uses the same cpu + motherboard and another that uses the same case + motherboard etc... Honestly don't be scared, pc parts aren't quite as fragile as everyone seems to think. Take your time and you will be fine

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

There's 100's of builds on youtube, you can use multiple if one uses the same cpu + motherboard and another that uses the same case + motherboard etc... Honestly don't be scared, pc parts aren't quite as fragile as everyone seems to think. Take your time and you will be fine

should I use all 4 of my case fans? exhaust front or back

Just now, Syphno said:

should I use all 4 of my case fans? exhaust front or back

well looking at your parts look you have a h100i which comes with 2, so mount the rad in the top, 2 fans in the front, and 1 in the back, and then you have a backup fan to 

lol you brought all this without doing any prior research?!?!

Like everyone has said YouTube and Google has fool proof guides on how to build a PC. Most things only plug into one place!

I'm doing my first ever build, too - been watching lots of videos to get my confidence up :P.

This one I found to be the best I've seen:

Make sure you don't choke on something that has been coated with a bittering agent!

Jokes aside, just go slow. You'll be okay. It's really easy. Well, buy a CPU cooler first.

Just now, wilamu said:

lol you brought all this without doing any prior research?!?!

Like everyone has said YouTube and Google has fool proof guides on how to build a PC. Most things only plug into one place!

well I know how to install CPU,RAM,VIDEO CARD, and that jazz what I really think will throw me off is the wiring and fan setup

3 minutes ago, Syphno said:

well I know how to install CPU,RAM,VIDEO CARD, and that jazz what I really think will throw me off is the wiring and fan setup

When I wire them up I get it all in as tidy as I can then step back and look for how I can make each wire tidier so the case is less "cluttered".

Personally my fans are set up like this..

2 x TOP - exhausting

1 x REAR - exhausting

2 x FRONT - 1 x intake for radiator / 1 x intake at the bottom of the case for cool air to GPU.

BUT this is only how I've done it, I'm sure someone will tell me I'm doing it wrong and there's 100 million opinions on fan setup ;) just have a play with configurations and check your temps :)

5 hours ago, wilamu said:

When I wire them up I get it all in as tidy as I can then step back and look for how I can make each wire tidier so the case is less "cluttered".

Personally my fans are set up like this..

2 x TOP - exhausting

1 x REAR - exhausting

2 x FRONT - 1 x intake for radiator / 1 x intake at the bottom of the case for cool air to GPU.

BUT this is only how I've done it, I'm sure someone will tell me I'm doing it wrong and there's 100 million opinions on fan setup ;) just have a play with configurations and check your temps :)

How about power supply?

3 hours ago, Syphno said:

How about power supply?

Not sure what you mean? Usually there's only one logical way to mount it in each case.