SLI worth it? gtx 1070

Light-Yagami
8 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I'm kinda looking towards 1440p gaming at 100hz+ That is AAA titles like Witcher 3 and AC syndicate. And they scale very good. It's satisfying to finally hear somebody say what I want to hear. I agree that SLI comes with a few downsides, but it's great for the most part..

Thats what i am affaid off. I can afford a 1440p monitor and the 1080TI atm . But i cant afford another 1080TI on top. I just worrying i will be struggling to hit high fps in certain games. I suppose if they dont hit below 50 fps i will be ok. Need them 1080ti benchmarks on the lastest games at 1440p to see. 

Also another problem is if i ditch the monitor for now and get 2 1080ti for my 1080p 120hz monitor it will be way too overkill and my cpu will bottleneck hard. So im stuck.

Need a monitor upgrade but dont want to cripple myself with low fps until i can afford another card which will be half a year or more lol. :(

Man, the SLI haters are in season. 

Only thing to fear with SLI is all those frames OP. I run 980tis and don't have a problem. A HB bridge will offer 1070s even better scaling. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:40 AM, SorcierX said:

I think you're over estimating the power of your 1070 by a bit. A 1070 is about equal to a 980Ti, this being said, SLI 1070 is nowhere near a TitanXP.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

If you want to max out a single game, I'd do research for what people are using to play that single game to see what kind of fps you can get with a certain setup.

Also, like said, some games don't actually like / care about SLI so check to make sure the 1 game you're trying to max cares and can utilize SLI if you decide to go that route.

my 980Ti sli hit benchmarks scores all the time that are close to TitanXP, when of course sli optimized 

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

2 hours ago, Light-Yagami said:

I'm kinda looking towards 1440p gaming at 100hz+ That is AAA titles like Witcher 3 and AC syndicate. And they scale very good. It's satisfying to finally hear somebody say what I want to hear. I agree that SLI comes with a few downsides, but it's great for the most part..

I have 1440 monitor that runs up to 165hz and I would not recommend sli without a monitor that can keep up (ps my 980Ti's  get Witcher 3 up to 80FPS maxed out)

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

16 minutes ago, tkell said:

my 980Ti sli hit benchmarks scores all the time that are close to TitanXP, when of course sli optimized 

You might want to see whats up with yo 980tis. Because mine and others beat the Pascal Titan X. Even in new games.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

You might want to see whats up with yo 980tis. Because mine and others beat the Pascal Titan X. Even in new games.

so do mine lol I was just saying close, that includes over performance's