I6800K Idle Temps

Hi, I have I6800K processor and an Asrock Fatal1ty X99M Killer motherboard.   The CPU is attached to a NZXT X52 240MM all in one liquid cooler.   I have it set to performance mode.   The idle temperature of the CPU is around 32C-38C.     Is this the normal idle temperature for this chip?   It's the same idle temperature if I overclock it 4.0ghz or if is at the default base frequency.   I am using Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste.   I applied it a few different times at various amount (currently a small pea size drop to cover the cores) but it still didn't affect the temperature.    My other computer has an I7-6700K and it idles in the 20Cs range.   Thanks for any advice.

David

3 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

Hi, I have I6800K processor and an Asrock Fatal1ty X99M Killer motherboard.   The CPU is attached to a NZXT X52 240MM all in one liquid cooler.   I have it set to performance mode.   The idle temperature of the CPU is around 32C-38C.     Is this the normal idle temperature for this chip?   It's the same idle temperature if I overclock it 4.0ghz or if is at the default base frequency.   I am using Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste.   I applied it a few different times at various amount (currently a small pea size drop to cover the cores) but it still didn't affect the temperature.    My other computer has an I7-6700K and it idles in the 20Cs range.   Thanks for any advice.

David

Yes, thats completely fine.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

Yes, thats completely fine.

Ok, that's great.  I worried if it was too high.   Thanks!

1 minute ago, davidst95 said:

as long as your not hitting TJ max, theres not much to worry about

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

30s is normal for idle.  You're fine.  You'll see a slight increase with a K-multiplier OC, but as long as you do it properly your cpu should stay cool.

5 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

If you're unsure about these things it's always good to check.  The cpu should clock down on its own if it becomes too hot though.  Check your cpu with cpu-z as you benchmark to have assurance that your OC works as it should.