AMD Ryzen Wraith Spire Cooler

Go to solution Solved by nobiggieBIG,
2 minutes ago, Chris Blackwing said:

But y doesnt any pc building website doesnt acknowledges these coolers ?I mean i get it now tht the mounting and stuff is same. But what if someone brought the coolers and found out that it doest fit ?

Brand new. Only reason. 

So i was browsing Newegg and took a look at the Ryzen 1700,it comes with a Wraith Spire Cooler with RGB.

So i was wondering is the Wraith Spire cooler good enough for heavy use (Without OC of course), i.e lets say we couple it with a gtx 1080 and do 4k gaming on any AAA titles ,video editing/rendering etc. Or do you need a aftermarket cooler ? Coz a aftermarket cooler is something that one can get after building a pc if they decide they want 

to OC their chip, at least thats how its been for intel till very recent. 

Included coolers are always sufficient for the CPU they come with. (Okay, unless airflow in the case is particularly terrible.)

If you want to overclock, or have a more silent system, look for an aftermarket cooler.

Does you mum know you're here?

4 minutes ago, Chris Blackwing said:

So i was browsing Newegg and took a look at the Ryzen 1700,it comes with a Wraith Spire Cooler with RGB.

So i was wondering is the Wraith Spire cooler good enough for heavy use (Without OC of course), i.e lets say we couple it with a gtx 1080 and do 4k gaming on any AAA titles ,video editing/rendering etc. Or do you need a aftermarket cooler ? Coz a aftermarket cooler is something that one can get after building a pc if they decide they want 

to OC their chip, at least thats how its been for intel till very recent. 

its just a wraith cooler with RGB. But you dont need a aftermarket cooler really if your not overclocking. The coolers should work, and if they fail to do that just send it back.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

8 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

its just a wraith cooler with RGB. 

By the looks of it, not the wraith cooler that AMD shipped with AM3+ and FM2+ CPUs lately, though, but a weaker variant (probably similar to the "silent cooler" they released for lower TDP FM2+ chips at the same time).

34 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

By the looks of it, not the wraith cooler that AMD shipped with AM3+ and FM2+ CPUs lately, though, but a weaker variant (probably similar to the "silent cooler" they released for lower TDP FM2+ chips at the same time).

still, dont need to get a aftermarket one, if that one can cool the r7 chips fine.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

So i already have a i7 7700k overclocked at 4.7ghz and a corsair h60 cooling it, at 22 degree Celsius  room temp it manages to average out at 72. I was checking corsair's website and found this http://www.corsair.com/en-ww/hydro-series-h60-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler if you scroll down to Contents and Specs it says it supports AM4 sockets, so how does that works ? Do you need something else to mount it on ? Let say you build ur system on a Asrock X370 mobo, do you need something else to mount it on ? Coz i checked pc part picker, and when you turn compatibility filter on it doesnt shows any of these coolers.

So i already have a i7 7700k overclocked at 4.7ghz and a corsair h60 cooling it, at 22 degree Celsius  room temp it manages to average out at 72. I was checking corsair's website and found this http://www.corsair.com/en-ww/hydro-series-h60-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler if you scroll down to Contents and Specs it says it supports AM4 sockets, so how does that works ? Do you need something else to mount it on ? Let say you build ur system on a Asrock X370 mobo, do you need something else to mount it on ? Coz i checked pc part picker, and when you turn compatibility filter on it doesnt shows any of these coolers.

Just use the AMD mounting system that comes in the box, they havent switched the mounting

11 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Just use the AMD mounting system that comes in the box, they havent switched the mounting

But y doesnt any pc building website doesnt acknowledges these coolers ?I mean i get it now tht the mounting and stuff is same. But what if someone brought the coolers and found out that it doest fit ?

2 minutes ago, Chris Blackwing said:

Brand new. Only reason. 

If not, ask corsair for a free kit. they will give it you