Ryzen No post/Bios

omg :( yea man feels bad :( . im supposed to get my new cpu tomorrow or tuesday . i read this guy that had the same issue and it ended up being his CPU. that sucks that exchanging the CPU didnt work :( . im stuck on this crappy apple laptop for right now :( i cant game lol . let me know if you get to fix the issue plz 

I finally got it to work. This is what i did...

Note: This had the Bios update 1.1 so if you haven't done that yet i would do that first

1. Loosen the screws on cpu until the "0d" changes

- it will show 0d at first but it should change after like a second or two

- Make sure you restart everytime you adjust the screws

2. Grab your gpu card (if available) and place into PCIe Slot 2

- I don't think it will matter which video cable to use but i used the DVI-D at first

3. Clear Cmos 

- unplug power, press and hold cmos button for 5sec, replug in power and boot

4. Restart it twice

- this might not be necessary but i had too in order for the "0D" to change a second time

- i believe there's a bug with that code always showing up after first initial boot (after cmos clear)

5. You should have Display

- when i finally got all the drivers installed i noticed that the on board graphics were not visible. Just for kicks i plugged in my display port into the on board DP port and guess what? Nothing... No display whatsoever. So my guess is no On board graphics... swell

I hope this makes sense and Good Luck!

so when you got it working you had your GPU in the PCI slot 2 ? when you say to lose the screws on the CPU ? you mean on the bracket ?

TY btw 

Yes for both.

Just make sure its just tight enough and work your way from there. this part sucks i know sorry.

No problem :) 

I tried that , and a couple other things still nothing :( .  just waiting on the new CPU coming later this week. 

finally found the issue and solved it , it was the ram even after going 2 kits, i went to MSI website and the corsair lpx 3000mhz was not there even though everyone online is using it , so i bought the hyperx 2400mhz and boots and works !! 

hello guys my last post was march 5th an since then my systems been ok well thats what i was thinking till this am i got on and nothing had the bios updating thing then and i was on bios 5803 for the C6H. flashed to 0902 and get same code 0d. ram light is on and boot light turns on just before the code 0d i know my ram is 2x16gb 3200mhz 16c. i may try to do another flash back to 0902 and if that dont work may try to go back to 5803

hello try some 2400mhz ram if you have any. i have found out that the system wont boot alot of times if the ram is not 2400mhz 

Nvm, I see you've sorted it out. 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

• 4 months later...

I've been dealing with a similar problem for a couple of months now. I'm running an 1800X on the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM mobo with 2x8GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3000 kit of ram and two R9 290X in crossfire. My motherboard will only post half of the time. When booted, everything in my system works just fine, but after I turn it off, I'll have to wait a very long time for it to be able to post again. I can either wait, restart it five to seven times, or unplug it, wait till all power drains from the mobo, and then have a 50% chance of it turning on after that. I will usually see the 00 error code and CPU led lit up when it does this. My system also used to get hung up on 0D from time to time but it doesn't seem to do this anymore. I've tried every combination of hardware that I own and followed most all of the suggestions in this thread. I've reseated every component in my build and have cleard the CMOS and updated the BIOS multiple times. Is there anything I should try before I send this board in for an RMA because it's too late to send it back to the place I bought it from. My board has an extra 4-pin slot next to the 8-pin cpu power slot as well as a 6-pin slot at the bottom of the board for extra pcie power. I'm pretty sure these aren't necessary, especially since everything works fine once booted, but it's the only thing I can think of. None of the past couple BIOS updates have fixed this and I don't have another CPU or kit of RAM to test this with, what would you recommend?

Pop out the battery on the board and wait 5 minutes see if that helps.
Keep it grounded with the power cord but turn the PSU off.

Seeing MSI and boot issues

Case closed

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

On 8/15/2017 at 8:06 PM, dtloveless said:

I've been dealing with a similar problem for a couple of months now. I'm running an 1800X on the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM mobo with 2x8GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3000 kit of ram and two R9 290X in crossfire. My motherboard will only post half of the time. When booted, everything in my system works just fine, but after I turn it off, I'll have to wait a very long time for it to be able to post again. I can either wait, restart it five to seven times, or unplug it, wait till all power drains from the mobo, and then have a 50% chance of it turning on after that. I will usually see the 00 error code and CPU led lit up when it does this. My system also used to get hung up on 0D from time to time but it doesn't seem to do this anymore. I've tried every combination of hardware that I own and followed most all of the suggestions in this thread. I've reseated every component in my build and have cleard the CMOS and updated the BIOS multiple times. Is there anything I should try before I send this board in for an RMA because it's too late to send it back to the place I bought it from. My board has an extra 4-pin slot next to the 8-pin cpu power slot as well as a 6-pin slot at the bottom of the board for extra pcie power. I'm pretty sure these aren't necessary, especially since everything works fine once booted, but it's the only thing I can think of. None of the past couple BIOS updates have fixed this and I don't have another CPU or kit of RAM to test this with, what would you recommend?

I have a very similar setup with my new build.

MSI X370 Titanium

Ryzen 1800X

Corsair Dominator Vengeance 2x16GB 3000MHz

Sapphire Vega 64 Graphics Card

I get a mobo error code 94 (PCI bus) or d6 (No console device) about half the time, and after messing with things for a bit it goes to the 00 error code.  If I wait awhile, I'll get error 94, d6 or 0d.  Tried, CMOS reset, etc.  Anyone have success finding a fix?

• 7 months later...
25 minutes ago, jrip said:

me too anyone have a fix?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

the OP solved this by:

On 3/5/2017 at 8:57 PM, jeff04 said:

ok so i did the BIOS flashback successfully the bios light was flashing took about 4min after that the error code went to 00 . i retry and rebooted the system again , and back to the same error 0D 

On 3/13/2017 at 1:21 AM, jeff04 said:

finally found the issue and solved it , it was the ram even after going 2 kits, i went to MSI website and the corsair lpx 3000mhz was not there even though everyone online is using it , so i bought the hyperx 2400mhz and boots and works !!