Going from sli to one card help?

Go to solution Solved by Trevor87,

You should be good your power supply comes with the 8 pin connector cable.

Ok, im going to be upgrading my graphics card, from 2x GTX 980 SLI to 1 GTX1080 ti. I'm done with SLI when it works its great but most games SLI dos not work or no benefit or cause problems. It is just not worth it in my opinion. So the problem I see is what do I do with the power cables from the 2ed card?  I don't know what I'm doing, when I got my computer I had Canada Computers build it for me. I also notice the that Evga GTX 1080 TI  FTW3 card needs two 8-pin connectors then one on the 980 has a 6-pin and an 8-pin connector what do I do about that? Hope someone can help, Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Your PSU should have 4x8pin iirc

But you could just use 2x8 and keep the 2x6s away in a corner of the case

idk

Ok, I will have to find the box then they must be in there. but what do I do with the power cords on the 2 card do I just unplug then and leave them hanging or do I just remove them from the power supply.

If you not going to use them then unplug it from the cards and the power supply and put them in the bag with the a there cables that came with the power supply. 

Alright, Thank you for the help. So I will just unplug them from both the card and the power supply and find the 2 8-pins. Thanks again for all the help can't wait for it to come out.