Will the gtx 1080ti be worth the money

Bawan
2 hours ago, SpriteNo5 said:

There will never be a 4K 60fps (all ultra, AAfull) card for current titles.

Sure there will be. Heck, it could be as early as next year.

3 hours ago, roylapoutre said:

Funny you said that. Remember when 1080p was a dream ? I remember the time where the best GPUs on the market couldn't dream of 60 fps 1080p. Now what ? We have GPUs going as high as 200 fps at 1080p on really REALLY beautiful games. Hardware is currently moving way faster than graphics, the time where everybody was impressed by new games like Crysis is over. Just look at 2014 AAA games like Far Cry 4 and compare them graphically to 2017 games. We're at a point where games tend to stop being exponentially more demanding while GPUs are becoming close to 100% faster every 2 years. If you think 4K will never be possible on a single GPU, you might be surprised in 1 or 2 years :D Your statement was true 10 years ago when game engines where evolving waaaay faster than nowadays, and waaay faster than hardware

My statement was true 10 years ago and is true today. I see no reason for that to change, history repeats etc, etc. 

You are right the improvements in graphical fidelity have slowed down, but the small changes we now make to post processing and higher resolutions are resource intensive and they will continue to push the latest cards. I can't remember a time when the latest GPU was able to play the latest games at the current max resolution, with all settings maxed and run at a solid 60 FPS min. And if that time did exist we have moved further away from it, I see no evidence to show we are now closing that gap.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

I think the real issue with gaming at 4K at 100% solid 60fps means the games are running around 80-75 at times in 4K... so... what card will be able to do that?

Plus all the post-processing eye candy on, full ultra.... the games keep looking better and better unlike when Crysis was the benchmark for how long?  Long enough....

The 1080 TI isn't better than the Titan X... so this card is just a filler card for those who don't want to buy the 1080 or the Titan X. It's somewhat a Titan X clone at a cheaper cost. I think MAYBE by 5 years from right now we will have solid gaming at 4K but then there will be 8K. That's the issue... hardware is accelerating so fast. How long was 1080p a thing for TV... such a long time.... And now... 4K has barely scratched the surface. It's not mainstream... not like 1080p is. Now the 8K rears its head already...that's why tech is crazy more so than before when GPU's would last most people 3 years. Now people want to upgrade 1 year later.