What's your opinion on living room gaming?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you? 

So, I have my den in my house where I have my gaming pc and I always play at the desk. 

I find it great for those really intense game play games where I need to be precise with the aiming, or those strategie games where I have to be really paying attention and managing. 

But for some more story driven games or arcade games or even third person games like the batman series or assassin's creed, sometimes I wish I could be on the couch and playing on the TV. 

I know that steam link still has issues with 1080p 60fps streaming even with wired connections, so I am wondering if it would be worth to turn my rig into a mitx gaming rig so I could easily set up on the living room depending on the game I was playing. 

What's your input and experience with couch pc gaming? 

Cheers 

Too much input lag.  I can't stand it.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

i have a HTPC with, a 4790k clocked at 4.5ghz with 16gb ram and a rx480, my input is a xbox controller and Bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo, i hate streaming too much input lag. 

The steam link is pretty good for casual games, while it's setting relatively close to the router/modem so you can run an ethernet to it. 

My question was not about the steam link or streaming.

I already decided I don't want that. 

I am wondering about the experience of couch gaming vs desk gaming. 

If I should ditch my atx case, mobo and psu and transfer my build to a node 202.

Cheers 

Long hdmi cable + wireless xbox controller? Doesn't have to be complicated. 

I have my main rig on a cart(specs are in description) and I just roll it down to my home theater when I feel like playing Rocket League with my son or doing any other sort of gaming.  I do have a home theater rig for browsing when I feel like laying down(i5 6500 and NVIDIA 950) but because my TV is 4K, a 950 couldn't push those frames.  

I have it set up so that I can get my desktop down to my home theater and have it connected to my speakers, TV, and accessories in under 5 minutes.  It was a pain before I got a cart, but it's all good now.