GPU to pair with phenom 9850

I have a system with a Phenom 9850 running at 2.9ghz that I'd like to set up for my younger brother to play games.

Wondering if anybody could suggest a GPU that would pair well with it, something I could pick up pre-owned that would be minimally bottlenecked by the old phenom. 

Thanks.

What sorta games? and what resolution? :D

8 hours ago, LukeHatesYou said:

I have a system with a Phenom 9850 running at 2.9ghz that I'd like to set up for my younger brother to play games.

Wondering if anybody could suggest a GPU that would pair well with it, something I could pick up pre-owned that would be minimally bottlenecked by the old phenom. 

Thanks.

If prices have dropped a GTX 950 or 750Ti would be a fairly solid option to pair with it

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

Overwatch is what he'd mostly play.

4 minutes ago, LukeHatesYou said:

A 750 Ti will own Overwatch at 900p. Even something older and cheaper blike a Radeon 7770 or GTX 460 could handle that quite nicely. I've played Overwatch at 1080p (albeit low settings) on a Radeon 6670 and a Core 2 Quad Q6600, so it can be done.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

8 hours ago, LukeHatesYou said:

Like what aisle said, 750Ti would be pretty good, though i do worry for the prices of them being very jacked through the roof in some cases, due to their ... HTPC capabilities (i've seen 750ti's going for as much as 680's over here)

Another option that'd be amazing if you got the PSU for it is seeing if you can pick up a used 7950. that'll cream OW and with some to spare at 900p.

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!!