Where to get custom keycaps

EunSoo

Hi, I am going to start modding my Corsair k70 when it arrives and I want to start off with keycaps before I do anything else because that is the easiest. I've been to a few sites for it but I am wondering what is the best place to get a set pre-designed or where I can design one that would match my generic red themed setup.

Spoiler

IMG_20170210_222226.jpg

Thanks!

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

49 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I got rid of the printer a bit ago. How and why would I mod it tho? Thanks for the link

52 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

Its just slightly crooked, which gets emphasized by the tilt of the PC. I noticed it when I first built the PC years ago but never fixed it lol. I have looked at that site before but it didn't have all of the color options that I would have wanted.  Mainly because I have to make it work with a red themed build and I can't find a set that I like. I might end up dying a set of white keycaps myself to the colors I want.

Just now, SCGazelle said:

I got rid of the printer a bit ago. How and why would I mod it tho? Thanks for the link

Its just slightly crooked, which gets emphasized by the tilt of the PC. I noticed it when I first built the PC years ago but never fixed it lol. I have looked at that site before but it didn't have all of the color options that I would have wanted.  Mainly because I have to make it work with a red themed build and I can't find a set that I like. I might end up dying a set of white keycaps myself to the colors I want.

be careful with the paint you use as keycaps have constant use and bad paint will scrape off

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

be careful with the paint you use as keycaps have constant use and bad paint will scrape off

I'm not going to be painting them. Instead, I have looked into a process where you get this plastic dye where you put it in a pot of water, boil it, and then dump the keycaps in for a bit.

Modding and k70 does not work together, non standard bottom row is a pain in the ass for keycaps. Vortex has a kit just for it but it's black and white, you can get the white and prob submerge them in red or whatever color you want to mod.

4 hours ago, Aytex said:

Modding and k70 does not work together, non standard bottom row is a pain in the ass for keycaps. Vortex has a kit just for it but it's black and white, you can get the white and prob submerge them in red or whatever color you want to mod.

I think any keyset that has a layout with a 6.5x spacebar will work. It is just kinda hard to find one that works for me because I want the entire thing to be white (I might have to resort to the getting one with two colors one), have windows, and be PBT.

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I think any keyset that has a layout with a 6.5x spacebar will work. It is just kinda hard to find one that works for me because I want the entire thing to be white (I might have to resort to the getting one with two colors one), have windows, and be PBT.

Um.. the vortex set I was talking about is white, translucent, and Pbt doubleshot

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1330

Get a bridgeport mill, mill a set of really nice keycaps.

Then gift the mill to me ♥

Don't talk about stale memes.