I must enter W10 safe mode, but i cannot!

VerticalDiscussions
10 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

-snip-

I tried that,  but there were no backups prior to the date of the incident.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I tried that,  but there were no backups prior to the date of the incident.

Then your only option is to back up your stuffs and do a clean install or wait while and maybe it will go through the login screen.

Can you open task manager or accessibility settings?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

if you have another windows install disc run it

if not get one

then get into cmd prompt from that disc

pop disc out insert your good disc

navigate to drive

run the dir *.exe command

run boot repair option

53 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

-snip-

No it is constantly on a black white dot screen :( and i cant get past the login settings. I tried leaving it for a while, but it is still the same. I cant use Windows at all and i am unable to retrieve my data as changed in the operating system recently. Ill try to see what kind of information my backup disk has and try to retrieve all lost passwords in the process.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

No it is constantly on a black white dot screen :( and i cant get past the login settings. I tried leaving it for a while, but it is still the same. I cant use Windows at all and i am unable to retrieve my data as changed in the operating system recently. Ill try to see what kind of information my backup disk has and try to retrieve all lost passwords in the process.

Plug drive to another computer to save data.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

-snip-

Okay i will see what i can do. Oh and i believe i also found the culprit, which traces back all the way to 2015 and here is the post: https://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=44230

I installed Ccleaner for helping me with the extra junk i used after installation and to clean my recycle bin since they were quite full of random accounts, files, etc i was dumping. I had last week reformated my computer too and i decide to install it today to control the uninstallation and startup of programs.

Apparently, after i ran the "cleaning" tool it offers by default, it deleted whatever was part of the "windows.old" and in the process, destroyed my W10 installation.... im not sure what to take out of this, but i suppose Piriform products wont be in my computer anytime soon even tough it worked perfectly fine before. Maybe Speccy/Recuva, but thats about it.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Okay i will see what i can do. Oh and i believe i also found the culprit, which traces back all the way to 2015 and here is the post: https://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=44230

I installed Ccleaner for helping me with the extra junk i used after installation and to clean my recycle bin since they were quite full of random accounts, files, etc i was dumping. I had last week reformated my computer too and i decide to install it today to control the uninstallation and startup of programs.

Apparently, after i ran the "cleaning" tool it offers by default, it deleted whatever was part of the "windows.old" and in the process, destroyed my W10 installation.... im not sure what to take out of this, but i suppose Piriform products wont be in my computer anytime soon even tough it worked perfectly fine before. Maybe Speccy/Recuva, but thats about it.

Windows.old will only appear after you have successfully upgraded the OS. So CCleaner isn't the problem.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

-snip-

Yes i did use the recovery from Windows 10 to clean the drives and at the end it did say "something went wrong and it couldnt fully remove all data", something in between those lines. I had always been successful at removing windows.old in previous recoveries/formats, i wonder what went wrong this time :(.

Groomlake Authority

Windows 10 should go into a menu to enter safe mode when it crashes while booting.  While this isn't a very good way of doing it, it might be the only way,if you manually crash the computer (by holding in the power button) while it's booting Windows.  The next time you boot it should show a blue screen, in which you can select advanced options and then safe mode. 

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yes i did use the recovery from Windows 10 to clean the drives and at the end it did say "something went wrong and it couldnt fully remove all data", something in between those lines. I had always been successful at removing windows.old in previous recoveries/formats, i wonder what went wrong this time :(.

Looks like your system is in the middle of upgrading through windows update or something and cleaning windows.old messed up everything. I know that CCleaner removes the windows upgrade pre-download files, but it does so that, you'll have to start all over. Not cause it to crash.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

16 hours ago, Cool Guy said:

-snip-

Well i did do that, but the Windows user interface was inaccessible, even in safe mode.

Groomlake Authority

Regarding the W10 installation that may have not stayed quite clear, i was able to retrieve my data, but not from the original disk. Like i had said earlier, i was able to dig out some accounts (namely all my emails) and from there i was able to reset most accounts password back, aside from a very select few that were highly disposable and i made new ones. Im gonna backup the crazy heck out of this document now, gonna be scattered everywhere i can see it fit to.

I reformated my system today using the W10 installation disk, deleted some not used partitions, cleared all the data, etc., and it seems to be running well now, which is a good indication for now. Had i needed to resort to unplugging the drive and recovering information from it, i dont have any USB to SATA adapters that i could plug onto my laptop, friends of mine would surely not be able to help or not even be willing to have my drive plugged into theirs (they would say something like "that thing is infected beyond belief, dont you dare put that onto my PC!!) and i would have to go to my local hardware supplier for the service.

I still dont know the original cause of the incident, but like NumLock21 said, a possible windows update alongside the removal of windows.old probably killed the entire OS, but to this date i dont know what to do to prevent any future incidents such as these, since software is extremely volatile when it comes to extra software. Hopefully i wont have to reinstall W10 anytime soon and Ccleaner is something im not safe to use in the future either, even tough it probably didnt play a role in it indirectly, i may have deleted something on its tick boxes that should have not been deleted at the time of doing so.

Groomlake Authority