5MS IPS Monitor or 1MS TN Monitor (Freesync)

JD7

i’m buying a new pc build and i want a good Freesync monitor. so i found these tow monitors

- AOC G2460VQ6 TN 1MS

-LG 23MP68VQ IPS 5MS

so which one is better? i play SP and MP games btw

i can’t afford a 144hz monitor for now but maybe by the end of the year or in Q1 of 2018 i’ll upgrade it.

I would go for the IPS unless you are really into competive shooters. TBH, i dont notice the difference between 1 and 5 ms response time. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, JD7 said:

i’m buying a new pc build and i want a good Freesync monitor. so i found these tow monitors

- AOC G2460VQ6 TN 1MS

-LG 23MP68VQ IPS 5MS

i can’t afford a 144hz monitor for now but maybe by the end of the year or in Q1 of 2018 i’ll upgrade it.

do u want ips. if not go for the cheaper one

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

do u want ips. if not go for the cheaper one

well....i like the ips one but i don’t want to face problems like  motion blur and ghosting...etc

8 minutes ago, JD7 said:

- AOC G2460VQ6 TN 1MS

-LG 23MP68VQ IPS 5MS

Isn't the first one 144hz?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, JD7 said:

well....i like the ips one but i don’t want to face problems like  motion blur and ghosting...etc

Here read this, 5ms or 1ms doesn't matter

1 minute ago, JD7 said:

ips has that? 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

ips has that? 

i’ve seen "some" people complaining about this in reddit

4 minutes ago, JD7 said:

- AOC G2460VQ6 TN 1MS

-LG 23MP68VQ IPS 5MS

IPS looks a lot better.  Better color, contrast, and viewing angles.  I don't think you'll notice the difference in response time.  I certainly don't.

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Here read this, 5ms or 1ms doesn't matter

thanks for posting this! it looks useful. i’m gonna read it and see what is 1MS-5MS actually about 

5 minutes ago, JD7 said:

i’ve seen "some" people complaining about this in reddit

i have more issues on my TN panels than on my IPS ones, because the IPS ones are higher quality.

you have garbage on both sides of the pool, it's a matter of picking out the good ones from the bunch.

22 minutes ago, JD7 said:

- AOC G2460VQ6 TN 1MS

-LG 23MP68VQ IPS 5MS

It's only $229 for a 1080p 144hz TN free-sync display

if you play a lot of competitive games, then you should for sure save up for it
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

Otherwise then ya just get whatever IPS display is cheap, unless you really want HDMI built in

But are you in the US? I don't think the LG 75Hz IPS display is available in the US

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

It's only $229 for a 1080p 144hz TN free-sync display

if you play a lot of competitive games, then you should for sure save up for it
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

Otherwise then ya just get whatever IPS display is cheap, unless you really want HDMI built in

But are you in the US? I don't think the LG 75Hz IPS display is available in the US

i live in Germany and it costs about 277$ here and the lg costs about 165$. maybe next year i’ll buy a 1440p 140hz to upgrade it, but for now i can’t

btw even if i want to play competitive games in the ips one, is it bad option for games like CS:GO ,BF1 ,Overwatch?

3 minutes ago, JD7 said:

i live in Germany and it costs about 277$ here and the lg costs about 165$. maybe next year i’ll buy a 1440p 140hz to upgrade it, but for now i can’t

btw even if i want to play competitive games in the ips one, is it bad option for games like CS:GO ,BF1 ,Overwatch?

It's fine, but 144hz is nicer of course, but the IPS 75hz display will be pretty great in any case

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

It's fine, but 144hz is nicer of course, but the IPS 75hz display will be pretty great in any case

so in this case The IPS LG better than the TN Aoc 75hz?

i think i’m gonna settle on that :)

I’m gonna buy the IPS one.Thanks a lot for the help!

2 minutes ago, JD7 said:

I’m gonna buy the IPS one.Thanks a lot for the help!

That display needs to be available in the US, not sure why it hasn't come out already

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

That display needs to be available in the US, not sure why it hasn't come out already

Agree it looks more than great for this price.