Canon vs. Nikon vs Sony

Here is the question.. It mabee seem nonsense..

WHICH IS BETTER .... CANON - NIKON - SONY !! ?? ... DSLRs !!

(compare each other with its same or approx equal price range)

..... wanna know the recent DSLR's market for Canon, Nikon, Sony !!

I'd go Canon. 

Just now, Emma Nieuwenhuis said:

I'd go Canon. 

Can you plz explain why.. plz.!!

11 minutes ago, tribediavirup98 said:

Here is the question.. It mabee seem nonsense..

WHICH IS BETTER .... CANON - NIKON - SONY !! ?? ... DSLRs !!

(compare each other with its same or approx equal price range)

..... wanna know the recent DSLR's market for Canon, Nikon, Sony !!

Tell me, when your mom cooks food for you, does the food taste better if she uses copper, steel or iron pots and pans?  Does it taste better if she stirs clockwise or counter-clockwise?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

11 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Tell me, when your mom cooks food for you, does the food taste better if she uses copper, steel or iron pots and pans?  Does it taste better if she stirs clockwise or counter-clockwise?

It tastes best when you use cast iron pots and pans, stirring a mix of both ways usually gives a better mix of seasonings, which a big packet of salt in the middle of stew isn't gonna taste real good.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Canon for lenses

Sony for bodies

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Everything depends on the usecase and things like that. 

In the end its the person behind the camera that makes the image. Things like this are tbh kinda silly. It could be interesting if we discussed a special usecase where one would maybe be better than another but just as a whole overall it is pointless. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

At this point in time sony's biggest disadvantage is their auto foucus which cannon has nailed down hard, however HOLY SHIT THOSE SENSORS that sony has, or as edzel put it "dat sensor tho". Nikon is middle of the road, pretty damn good quality okay focus and their best part is the price, on the cheaper side of things.

40 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Everything depends on the usecase and things like that. 

In the end its the person behind the camera that makes the image. Things like this are tbh kinda silly. It could be interesting if we discussed a special usecase where one would maybe be better than another but just as a whole overall it is pointless. 

And most of all, people's personal preferences.  Just because I use Nikon as my main tools for photography doesn't necessarily make them better or worse.  I use Nikon because I prefer Nikon and I have invested quite a bit into their ecosystem.  Even if I could easily start over and invest in another system, I'd probably still pick Nikon over Canon or Sony, mainly for reasons that matter only to me.  I'm sure other people who use Canon, Sony or other systems will have similar views about the brand they use.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

If the OP really means DSLRs, cross Sony off the list. They've pretty much switched development to the mirrorless line. Between Canon and Nikon isn't a lot. If mirrorless is also a consideration, that then plays into Sony's hands as they're the most advanced of the three by far. Mixing both, it depends on the uses and shooting style. The thing I found is, the better you get, the less you rely on the gear. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Yeah all three make amazing cameras and each have some good glass. All into what you like. People have sonys settings but I love them.

This is a question with no value, if you need a camera recommendation state you budget and what you want to do with it and we will give you options to choose from or rarely tell you that camera x is the best of the bunch and to go get that outright.

If this is some sort of study into the camera or dslr market, then your phrasing is way off and you should state so wince that allows us to know what you need to know.  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Everyone has excellent ideas... and thanks for discuss!! I love you all..

But.. into the future side.. !!  1. Is mirror-less is the future of dslr??

2. Is EVF (Electronic View-finder) is the the future of the Viewfinder in DSLRs??

--------- Thanks in advance :):)

4 hours ago, tribediavirup98 said:

But.. into the future side.. !!  1. Is mirror-less is the future of dslr??

2. Is EVF (Electronic View-finder) is the the future of the Viewfinder in DSLRs??

Those two questions are guaranteed to start an argument in any photography forum :) 

Mirrorless is sold as the next thing to "kill" DSLRs, and in the very long term, that will probably be the case. In practice, while they have improved significantly since their mainstream introduction, there are still different areas of strengths and weaknesses between the two types. IMO this is far enough away you can buy for the short term. Look say 5 to 10 years ahead and not worry about it. If either platform is likely to give you the results you're after, they way you want to get it, go for it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Is there a purpose to this thread? or is it just mean't to start a flame war?

9 minutes ago, Jeffy said:

The debate should only have Canon and Nikon!

No it really shouldn't.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

2 hours ago, Jeffy said:

Well I agree with you about the purpose but i still believe that Sony shouldn't be there. Though they are pretty good with a lot of stuff!

I like discussing this stuff, however not here and now, because a) if OP is trolling and there is no purpose I wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction and b) I know that the discussion could easily be derailed.

Lets just leave it at that and see if OP is writing a business or entrepreneurship essay or economics dissertation or something into the photography market in general and just wanted the opinion of people who actually use this stuff or if they are inadvertently or not trolling.  

On 3/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, cc143 said:

I like discussing this stuff, however not here and now, because a) if OP is trolling and there is no purpose I wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction and b) I know that the discussion could easily be derailed.

Lets just leave it at that and see if OP is writing a business or entrepreneurship essay or economics dissertation or something into the photography market in general and just wanted the opinion of people who actually use this stuff or if they are inadvertently or not trolling.  

I just assumed from the beginning the OP was a troll, that's why I commented about cooking pots.

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Polaroid 

You're wrong. Polaroid is only the 2nd best camera brand in the entire world.  The first best is this:

57562-hello-kitty-digital-camera-box.jpg

And for those who want video:

267ebb0e5b2bbdecffbbf8ea6aab5795.jpg

I think all three make great bodies so it's all into what you like and what you plan on doing with the camera. Focus on getting great lenses, camera bodies keep changing drastically year to year but good glass is good glass.