Logitech Peripherals

evilside123

Logitech g910 spectrum and Logitech g933

Are they good? I just hear about the Romer G switches. I can't find reviews about this switches.

i have used the g910. If you like that style then ok. but personally i dont like the indentation in the keykaps. i make to much keystroke errors in regular typing. for gaming it is ok.

I am talking about the spectrum. not the spark one. The spectrum has the normal keys..

and you can buy the romer G normal switches on Amazon i think?

12 minutes ago, evilside123 said:

I am talking about the spectrum. not the spark one. The spectrum has the normal keys..

and you can buy the romer G normal switches on Amazon i think?

@ARikozuM has them

I hated the G933. Really shoddy quality plastic, the headband didn't extend properly (tried 2 and was the same with both). Had a very bad static noise in the headphones whenever they were turned on. And they are extremely uncomfortable, as they are very small and very tight. 10 minutes of use meant I would get a physical headache, it's like having your head stuck in a clamp.

Apart from that, they were perfect....

Honestly an absolute joke for $250 I expected much better, especially from Logitech.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

7 hours ago, treeroy said:

I hated the G933. Really shoddy quality plastic, the headband didn't extend properly (tried 2 and was the same with both). Had a very bad static noise in the headphones whenever they were turned on. And they are extremely uncomfortable, as they are very small and very tight. 10 minutes of use meant I would get a physical headache, it's like having your head stuck in a clamp.

Apart from that, they were perfect....

Honestly an absolute joke for $250 I expected much better, especially from Logitech.

So really the G933 have those problem. I am really eyeing on that one because I want my peripherals to be all logitech. Thanks for the feedback on G933 sir.

Do you have any idea about Romer G switches? I can't find any reviews about it on the internet. 

10 minutes ago, evilside123 said:

Do you have any idea about Romer G switches? I can't find any reviews about it on the internet. 

I'm loving the G910. I find the Romer-G to be as satisfying as the old MX Blue G710 that I used. I've posted the two day review that I'll be expanding upon in the coming days.

On 11/26/2016 at 11:46 PM, ARikozuM said:

So far I've used it for about 30 hours and I'm very pleased with the "click" and tactility of the switches.

I'm still trying to get used to the macro keys since there are now 5 on the side and 4 above the F1-F4 keys. This is a double-edged sword as I had six on the side that worked extremely well, but I'm getting used to it and finding it quite handy for "combat" and "non-combat" scenarios without having to separate them into different macro sets. The side macros are spaced very well. Close together in a column but close to WASD for quick use in-game or productivity software.

For reference, I have the top four macros to:

Open Chrome #1

Open Firefox #2

Open AviMark #3

Open Steam #4

The side macros are set as a per-program basis using the M1/M2/M3 sets, mostly with Cut, Copy, Paste, etc. on M1, Excel specific shortcuts on M2, and Displayfusion shortcuts on M3. These sets can be set in any way you'd like. Logitech Gaming Software will be needed to apply these macros. LGS picked up the G910 immediately (as it should have) and came with all the expected options for RGB key backlighting including individual, zone, command for games, and effects (for key press, breathing, star effect, wave from center, wave from outside, and color cycle) giving an overwhelming degree of freedom. With this keyboard, you also have the option of setting what keys become locked when enabling the Game Key.

My usual typing speed is about 90WPM but at the moment I'm going at 70WPM, but I'm sure that it'll pick back up once I'm used to the keyboard itself. As for the "click", it's not as loud as the Cherry MX Blues, but that may not be a bad thing as they won't annoy anyone in the house. The keys are, as stated, between a Cherry MX Blue and Red. This may or may not deter you, but they are very smooth in their actuation. As an aside, I think I'm regaining my hearing since the "click" isn't as loud.

Playing Rocket League, Dark Souls 2, and Alien: Isolation left me feeling a bit tense as the keys weren't immediately familiar on the first day. The second day, today, was much better as I've become accustomed to the switches. I'm able to pull off every move in the same amount of time with the Romer-G's as I was able with the Cherry MX Blues from the G710. Using the macros are much quicker as they're not spread apart in pairs and they are much closer to WASD. Some games will be much easier to play once the macros are set in a worthwhile manner and, once again, you can set three sets for each game.

Using the keyboard on the LTT website is a blast if that matters.

That's my two-day review of the G910 Orion Spectrum. Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

56 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I'm loving the G910. I find the Romer-G to be as satisfying as the old MX Blue G710 that I used. I've posted the two day review that I'll be expanding upon in the coming days.

Wow. I'm impressed :D, thank you sir, If ever you found something new about the G910 Orion Spectrum. I am really eyeing on this keyboard but the problem is, if it is available on the local market in my country.

I know this is not what your asking but, if your looking in my opinion the Logitech MX Master is amazing.  

Duh_Tech

I am a computer and aviation enthusiast. I have a good enough PC.